autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mike Phillips

Re: Sign-up: 1941 Plymouth Coupe/1967 Camaro - Thursday Night Clinic - June 7th

For everyone attending and watching, here's the plan...

Both cars arrive at 4:30pm and Yancy and I will get them into position in the studio for working on and for video taping.

The Camaro has swirls and haze, you don't see them in the pictures but in person you do and I will document this with my trusty, dusty Canon Rebel.

I have not seen the paint on the Plymouth in bright light but my experienced guess is it needs to be clayed and then have swirls and oxidation removed. I'll document this too with pictures and video.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by mbc4934 View Post
    Mike,
    Do you have supplies for sale in the shop? Its gonna be hard getting my hands on these tools you have for the project and not want to buy some
    All our sales staff and warehouse people are gone by 6:00pm. It's possible Nick or Ray might participate but that's up to them and their schedule.

Best thing to do is to write down anything you're interested in and then call our 1-800-869-3011 Customer Service number and do a "Will Call" or look into having everything shipped to your house.

It's not that it's a problem but everyone that can pull and process an order will have already gone home. I'm the crazy one that works all day and then works all night.

Post Thanks / Like

I will be there Mike !
    Evil Mean and Nasty ! Just the way I like it !

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Mean SS View Post
    I will be there Mike !
    Cool Tommy, I'll want you to help out with the black Camaro!

Mike Phillips

Just a reminder...

Live Broadcast of this machine polishing clinic this Thursday!

Share the link to this thread with all your car buddies...

And for those of you that can't make it here in person... well here you go...

AGO is the detailing discussion forum where all the action is!

Mike Phillips

Just took a call from Don Eddy, he and Bill, both from our TV show are going to join us for these two projects tonight...

Don's 1964 1/2 Mustang with me and Sam Memmolo

What's in Autogeek's Garage - Episode 1 - Season 2

Bill had the 1967 Mustang Fastback GTA

Mike Phillips

Camaro will be in the house in about 20 minutes!

Mike Phillips

Paul's Camaro just arrived, here's a shot of it in the studio and from here many of you might think there's nothing wrong and in fact it looks gorgeous!

But here's the true condition and why the car has been brought to Autogeek's Show Car Garage...

Holograms from a Rotary Buffer
    If you look closely you can see the holograms where the overhead florescent light is shining on the trunk lid, I'll try to get a better picture of the holograms after we move the car to a different position.

The entire finish looks like this...

Ouch! Kind of hurts your eyes if you're into car detailing...

No splatter under the fresh air grill
    Classic cars have fresh air grills for fresh air intake and most of the time if you LOOK down past the grill you'll see wetsanding splatter and compounding and polishing splatter and once it's in there it's dang near impossible to remove. I'm happy to say that whoever did the sanding and buffing the first time did a good job of covering this up...

See my article on this here,

Tape it off and avoid a lifetime of ugly...

Mike Phillips

Mothers and Blackfire tonight!

For tonight's Show Car Makeovers were going to use Mothers products for the 1941 Plymouth Coupe....

For the 1967 Camaro we're going to be using Blackfire products...

On June 24th, we'll be doing a 1970 Mustang using Meguiar's for that show car makeover...

Mike Phillips

At the last Thursday night clinic we let everyone test out the Makita BO6040 Forced Rotation Dual Action Polisher, tonight we're going to let everyone test out the Shurhold DA Polisher.

This polisher has a GFI built-in to the cord which makes it a safe option for anyone doing any dampsanding...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123