autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Sign-up - 1989 K5 Blazer - Wetsand, Cut and Buff - Saturday February 4th

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyguy View Post

Maybe I can talk my buddy Corey into coming down also .
    Cool. We can use his car to chock the wheels of the Blazer so it doesn't try to roll around...

Quote Originally Posted by Rencor View Post
    I am there for sure! Thanks Mike for putting this together!
    Did it just for you buddy....

Oh and because I like wetsanding projects and Blazers and the color orange.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't let Rene take all the fun. I am for sure going to be there since this is perfect prep for when I wetsand my mustang

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mike,
    This is Jay, I just wanted to drop a line and tell you and the members of Autogeek how happy and excited I am to have my K5 wet sanded and buffed after it is painted this week. I have been working on this truck for a year now rebuilding and replacing the suspension and drive-line components and cant wait to have the outside look as good as the truck performs. I would also like to make myself available to help you guys with any other future projects as I have been a motor-head for over twenty years and don't mind turning a wrench. This truck should turn out pretty nice when its done and you know I will tell everyone who helped me out with this project. Don't forget I'll bring the pizza and cold ones!! Thanks again guys!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by jrocknroll View Post

Hey Mike,
    This is Jay, I just wanted to drop a line and tell you and the members of Autogeek how happy and excited I am to have my K5 wet sanded and buffed after it is painted this week. I have been working on this truck for a year now rebuilding and replacing the suspension and drive-line components and cant wait to have the outside look as good as the truck performs.
    Hi Jay, glad to see you on the forum, you'll like this place, lots of car guys and even a few gals...

I would also like to make myself available to help you guys with any other future projects as I have been a motor-head for over twenty years and don't mind turning a wrench. This truck should turn out pretty nice when its done and you know I will tell everyone who helped me out with this project.
    For right now I'm putting the brakes on future projects as we're getting ready to start shooting the second season of our TV show, "What's in the Garage", but as soon as we're done with the second week of filming in February we'll be back on schedule for our Thursday Night "Autogeek's Car of the Week" projects that are sometimes on Saturdays due to the need for more time.

I always post an announcement to the bottom of the forum homepage in my "box".

Don't forget I'll bring the pizza and cold ones!! Thanks again guys!
    With Rene and Kyle here, it will cost you more for pizza and cold drinks than you've spent on your truck but heck yeah... bring it!

This will be fun! We have access to all the best products available plus talented guys with a passion for perfection.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyguy View Post
    Not sure if I'm working that Saturday or not if i'm not you can count on me also . Maybe I can talk my buddy Corey into coming down also .
    I am flying out to Texas near the end of January or beginning of February. I don't know the exact date yet but if it's not that weekend you can count me in!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Cool. We can use his car to chock the wheels of the Blazer so it doesn't try to roll around...
    That's awesome Mike!! ROFL!
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    I am flying out to Texas near the end of January or beginning of February. I don't know the exact date yet but if it's not that weekend you can count me in!
    Cool. Be sure to "subscribe" to this thread in case there's a cancellation but I'll also create a mass e-mail to everyone that's posted to it.

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    That's awesome Mike!! ROFL!
    I've always said the Saturn Sky was good for something...

Post Thanks / Like

Kyle, glad you will be there. I would love to help you with your stang when it is time. I promise I won't take it down to primer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryncarzk View Post
    I can't let Rene take all the fun. I am for sure going to be there since this is perfect prep for when I wetsand my mustang

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Rencor View Post
    I promise I won't take it down to primer!
    Then his Mustang would have a matte finish... it's the new thing...

Mike Phillips

***Update***

Just to note, this project is scheduled the day before the Super Bowl, everyone that's still going to participate please let me know.

Because the panels on this truck are for the most part large and flat, we should be able to knock this out fairly quickly.

We'll be starting at 8:00am and working till we're all they way up to the last step, applying a wax or paint sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be in Biloxi, MS at the end of January, too bad you guys are out of the way because I would love to hang out for a day. Biloxi -> Stuart -> Hurricane, WV
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast