autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Detailed: 2006 BMW 750 Li (XMT Review)

Hey guys....glad to be back at work!
    Here's a Bimmer that's owned by a local real estate broker. He is very good to me in that he lets me detail other clients car's at his building and does not charge me a dime. He will not even let me give him a freebie or discount! So I decided to take care of this awesome car of his and give it the works.
    This is a total Pinnacle XMT and Souveran job. This will also be a review for these products since it's the first time I've used them.

Pinnacle XMT #2 Swirl Remover/Polish
    (EDGE 2K Green Med. Cutt Pad at a #5 setting)

It was 96 in the sun today and this stuff rocked! The car had moderate swirls from the dealer so #1 wasn't gonna do it. With one pass, I knew I had my new arsenal of swirl removers. Took everything out...including some heavy water marks and sap. There was very low dusting; I didn't have to use a QD to remove any of the product. The smell was amazing! Key-Lime is what I'm guessing. Made my work alot more enjoyable.

Final Opinion:
    One of the best swirl removers I've used to date. I can tell it was designed for the PC and works awesome under high heat conditions.

Pinnacle XMT Glaze
    (EDGE 2K Blue Polishing Pad at a #3 setting)

Once again, I was impressed. The glaze had a super thin form and there was that smell again. GRAPE! Nice. I was amazed on how far such a small amount would go. I'd say about 5-6 quarter sized amounts did this large car. It filled in all of the remaining defects and gave the car a glow. I have never seen a glow like this with my Meg's #7. Left a super-slick finish and a reflection that I've never seen on white before.

Final Opinion:
    Easy to use. Works well in the heat. Give awesome depth and glow!

Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Wax
    (EDGE 2K White Finishing Pad at a #3 setting)

Now I've heard alot of hype about this wax. I was more anxious to use it than any product. It was a thin liquid wax to me. This made me a little hesitant on how it would go on but had no problems. Only took about 5 quarter sized amounts to do the car. Smell wasn't that good but so what! The results were dramatic. It gave the car a reflection that Meg's #26 had never done on white. Was so easy to remove too.

Final Opinion:
    THE new wax in my kit. The hype is true. Went on easy and came off easy. Gave amazing results and a 20 dollar tip!

Addional Products used:
    Armor-All Tire Gel
    Pinnacle Leather Cleaner & Conditioner
    Meguiar's APC
    Meguiar's Wheel Brightener
    Stoner's Invisible Glass

The Pictures....

Last edited by justin_murphy; 11-19-2006 at 01:36 PM.
    Formerly "justin30513"

www.clean4udetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    looks great dude and your review is awesome thanks
    Detailed Reflections

Post Thanks / Like
    He lets you do clients cars for free, or do you mean he pays for it at his expense? That's what I was talking about with a few of my Realtors I work with. Have something setup so legally with every closing I can have a gift certificate included for a free cleaning/wax job etc. Problem is I'm not sure of who to use for detailing if I go through with this, I like to detail our own cars not others LOL.

How does he like I-drive? Co-worker and I went out for food today, took his new 650 and I-drive made me want to put my fist through the dash . Another friend has a new 750 as well and same thing, loves the car, despises I-drive with a passion and he actually punched the dash one night lol. You kinda get used to it, but it's so annoying/irritating.

Post Thanks / Like
    nice results and review Justin .... now we gotta get you to try Souveran paste. Something tells me you would never allow anyone else to touch it !

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek
    nice results and review Justin .... now we gotta get you to try Souveran paste. Something tells me you would never allow anyone else to touch it !

That's what I hear killr!
    Just don't know how cost efficient it would be for clients. But then again, I could just charge more....like an upgrade.

Thanks man.
    Formerly "justin30513"

www.clean4udetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    great work as usual. Glad your feeling better!!
    2005 Toyota Tacoma
    Silver Streak Mica
    Double Cab 4x4
    AEM/K&N intake
    Magnaflow Exhaust
    Split Second PSC1-003

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking really good. I hope you are remembering to stay hydrated!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by abrcrombe
    Looking really good. I hope you are remembering to stay hydrated!
    This detail took about 6 hours.
    1 hour for the all of the drink breaks in which I consumed 1 gallon of water and 1 gallon of PowerAde Option.
    1.5 hours for all the freak'n pee breaks I had to take! It was 95+ here so that means I was keeping hydrated. Clear and frequent urinating is a good sign. I'm making sure to drink another gallon of water while I'm at home at night. I'm also eating a ton of carbs to keep my glycogen levels up.

Nice to see you back Ab. Hope all is ok you post'n freak!
    Formerly "justin30513"

www.clean4udetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome! When detailing expensive cars like this Pinnacle is the way to go. if a customer car afford a $90k car, they car afford to pay you more for detailing it.
    By the way, Pinnacle souveran paste is THE wax for perfectionists, but would perform it's best on dark colors.
    Liquid Souveran is good enough for detailing already, very easy to use and when bought in a gallon refill it's not that expensive.
    Again, everything depends on what kind of customer you have, what kind of results they are looking for, and how much they are willing to pay you for it.
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like

heat

Justin,

Get some of those cool wraps they advertise on QVC and I think wal mart sells them now.

Soak in cool water for a few minutes, lay in towel to absorb excess water, then wrap it around your neck.

I thought these were a fashionable? damp towel. These stay COOL! for hours on end in 125 degree air. A damp towel gets body temp in about 10 minutes and does no good. These have crystals that chemically react with water to produce a cooling effect. If it loses its coolness, maybe after 12 hrs, then soak for 5 min in cool water and its good as new.

I tried one today at work and it was 125 degrees inside the plant and it works! WOW!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast