autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: (2nd) Alpine White BMW 135i - Detailed by Lawrence

Awesome work as always

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Lawrence.

Beautiful work my friend. Personally I like white . . . I know, strange choice for a Detailer but hey, when you see how great it looks when done properly - like you have done here - its easy to understand. Great turn around mate & as usual, the write up & pictures are first class!

Done two Alpine white BMWs last week, a 135i M spec hatch & a 528i sedan . . . & a 120 Cab but that was black so that doesn't count.

Awesome job Lawrence, thanks for sharing!

Aaryn NZ.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by emmjaygti View Post
    Nice!! Even white looks great after that turnaround.Love the wetness!

I see you used ONR as lubricant (referring to my towel scratch thread) - What ratio is it diluted in? I've tried looking everywhere and its 8oz to a gallon or x parts to x parts for QD, what is that in english (lol) ? 'x' ml Onr to 'x' ml water.

As I have plenty ONR left i've pretty much narrowed it down to using it as my drying aid with the purple plush towels after blotting with a Waffle.

1. Do you wipe/swipe the paint to dry if you have ONR on the towel, or is that not a concern here as you will be correcting the paint either way. I guess in my case I would have to blot to be safe and follow with a plush/onr.

2. For the engine bay I see you did not mention HP rinse this time. So was APC (1:4 i'm guessing) just sprayed on, agitated and then wiped off with a microfiber / air?

Thanks as always for answering my questions bud , means a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post
    Beautiful work Lawrence! That Alpine White 1 looks great now. Nice transformation.

Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks bud.
    When using ONR for clay lube I will dilute it @ 1:64 or 2 oz/1 gallon or 60 ml to 3.84 liters of water (15.6 ml per liter) *I just throw in 20ml for convenience
    When using ONR for QD I will dilute it @ 1:16 or 8 oz/1 gallon or 240 ml to 3.84 liters for water (62.5 ml per liter) *I just throw in 70ml for convenience

When drying, after rinsing then I spray the car itself with a decent coat of ONR, then spray into the drying towel, then:
    -if it is a car I am about to correct, I will lay the ww towel down, lift 2 corners and gently drag it across the paint to grab the bulk of the liquid off - shortly thereafter I am going to clay anyway, so the drying phase is really just to get most of it off to avoid water spotting - its not to get it 'perfect'
    -if it is for a car I am not about to detail (say my own daily drive) then I do the same as above, except I lay the ww drying towel on the paint, blot up the bulk of it, then follow again with a plush MF towel (usually a chinchilla) dampened with ONR.

On this one, the owner wasn't comfortable introducing water, so yes, after wiping/agitating with MF towels/brushes, a damp (with clean water only) MF towel was used to wipe down the bay to try and pick up any remaining APC residue.... then I used the blower to dry it, and dressed.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesboyy View Post
    Who's the real Leonardo da Vinci then??? You perfected that BMW/Alpine White in general to a whole new standard that it can be considered the Automotive version of Mona Lisa, keep up the outstanding work LawrenceSA
    WOW what a humbling comment - thank you very much for your kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by Puckman View Post
    Outstanding work on white! I love that 3rd wheel shot...artistic.
    Thanks very much

Quote Originally Posted by Sicoupe View Post
    Another beautiful job my friend!
    Thanks Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by Priyaka View Post
    Lovely work! Great pics as well.
    Thank you Priyaka

Quote Originally Posted by haris300 View Post
    Great job! I always enjoy your write ups. Thanks for sharing. The car looks stunning.
    Thanks so much for taking the time to read through my work and for your kind comment!

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    Amazing work as always, Lawrence! That alpine white paint was trashed but you revived it very well. Now, you can see how glossy and wet the paint looks.

That car is looking sweet!
    Thanks so much Marc!

Quote Originally Posted by NextLevelDtail View Post
    Awesome work as always
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post
    Hey Lawrence.

Beautiful work my friend. Personally I like white . . . I know, strange choice for a Detailer but hey, when you see how great it looks when done properly - like you have done here - its easy to understand. Great turn around mate & as usual, the write up & pictures are first class!

Done two Alpine white BMWs last week, a 135i M spec hatch & a 528i sedan . . . & a 120 Cab but that was black so that doesn't count.

Awesome job Lawrence, thanks for sharing!

Aaryn NZ.
    Thank so much Aaryn - I always appreciate your kind words and hope that you are looking after yourself my friend!

Post Thanks / Like

Great Results Lawrence! The gloss is insane!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lawrenceSA View Post
    Thanks bud.
    When using ONR for clay lube I will dilute it @ 1:64 or 2 oz/1 gallon or 60 ml to 3.84 liters of water (15.6 ml per liter) *I just throw in 20ml for convenience
    When using ONR for QD I will dilute it @ 1:16 or 8 oz/1 gallon or 240 ml to 3.84 liters for water (62.5 ml per liter) *I just throw in 70ml for convenience

When drying, after rinsing then I spray the car itself with a decent coat of ONR, then spray into the drying towel, then:
    -if it is a car I am about to correct, I will lay the ww towel down, lift 2 corners and gently drag it across the paint to grab the bulk of the liquid off - shortly thereafter I am going to clay anyway, so the drying phase is really just to get most of it off to avoid water spotting - its not to get it 'perfect'
    -if it is for a car I am not about to detail (say my own daily drive) then I do the same as above, except I lay the ww drying towel on the paint, blot up the bulk of it, then follow again with a plush MF towel (usually a chinchilla) dampened with ONR.

On this one, the owner wasn't comfortable introducing water, so yes, after wiping/agitating with MF towels/brushes, a damp (with clean water only) MF towel was used to wipe down the bay to try and pick up any remaining APC residue.... then I used the blower to dry it, and dressed.
    Thanks Lawrence, really appreciate the reply and help

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vdevan View Post
    Great Results Lawrence! The gloss is insane!
    Thanks my friend

Quote Originally Posted by emmjaygti View Post
    Thanks Lawrence, really appreciate the reply and help
    Only a pleasure bud. Hope it helps a little, and hope you come right with your 'soft paint issues'

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12