autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tornado Red Golf 7R - Detailed by Lawrence

As always excellent work, and excellent write up Lawrence, keep up the great work.

That Golf Looked Mean in some of those shots !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lawrenceSA View Post
    Thanks Mike. Oh how I wish for some SHC300.... As I have mentioned before, the availability of detailing products over here is limited primarily to 2 companies that bring stuff in.... and only 1 has been bringing in the Menz products, and even then it has been pretty much only FG400/PF2300/SF4000, 3-in-1 and Powerlock... It looks like they are however phasing that out and focusing on Angelwax products, and so I am going to have to start bringing it in myself if I want it.

The problem though is a) the current exchange rate is beyond a joke for us and b) as everyone knows, shipping costs are quite crazy (especially bringing in some weight) and are only exacerbated by the exchange rate...

I am in the process of trying to find some local guys who would be willing to do a group buy and split shipping costs, but its proving a bit tougher than I'd hoped.

Glad to know though that SF4000/white has enough pull to deal with the hazing from the initial cut with SHC300
    That is crazy that the company wants to focus more on a boutique car care company that caters to the 1% rather than target a world class manufacturing company that directly supplies major automobile manufactures with product that is utilized on the assembly lines. Unfathomable.

Another option would be the PE14, Hybrid wool, and FG400...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sicoupe View Post
    Beautiful as always my friend!
    Thanks Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by 4u2nvinmtl View Post
    Great Job!

What did you think about the car? I'm thinking of getting one of these as my Daily Driver.

Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks. Well I haven't actually driven one, but all the feedback I have heard from my fellow VW Club members is that it is an awesome piece of kit.

Quote Originally Posted by NextLevelDtail View Post
    As always excellent work, and excellent write up Lawrence, keep up the great work.

That Golf Looked Mean in some of those shots !
    Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post
    That is crazy that the company wants to focus more on a boutique car care company that caters to the 1% rather than target a world class manufacturing company that directly supplies major automobile manufactures with product that is utilized on the assembly lines. Unfathomable.

Another option would be the PE14, Hybrid wool, and FG400...
    It is crazy isn't it....oh well... as for the PE14, its second on my list of new tools to get - the rotary will obviously munch through really badly swirled out cars a lot easier.... but first I really want to get one of the Rupes Nano iBrid long neck machines to deal with all the smaller areas

Post Thanks / Like

Gorgeous....just gorgeous....

Post Thanks / Like

awesome lawrence

dipping wet red

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by emmjaygti View Post
    Gorgeous....just gorgeous....
    Quote Originally Posted by zckid View Post
    awesome lawrence

dipping wet red
    Thanks very much guys

Post Thanks / Like

Lawrence my man, I sometimes wonder if I should even look at your posts . . . especially when theres a Golf involved! Just makes me want one!

Thats an outstanding comeback on that poor R. I know how much work these Dubs can be & there is some serious sweat put into this one. A shame its was so neglected in the first place but geeze - makes for a stunning before & after thread! Beautiful beautiful workmanship Lawrence! Bravo!

Love the pictures too mate! Tell me, do you know if thats the factory ride height? Looks pretty staunch in those pictures. Nice car . . . fantastic post mate, thank you!

Aaryn NZ.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post
    Lawrence my man, I sometimes wonder if I should even look at your posts . . . especially when theres a Golf involved! Just makes me want one!

Thats an outstanding comeback on that poor R. I know how much work these Dubs can be & there is some serious sweat put into this one. A shame its was so neglected in the first place but geeze - makes for a stunning before & after thread! Beautiful beautiful workmanship Lawrence! Bravo!

Love the pictures too mate! Tell me, do you know if thats the factory ride height? Looks pretty staunch in those pictures. Nice car . . . fantastic post mate, thank you!

Aaryn NZ.
    Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment Aaryn - it is always appreciated.

Yeah it breaks my heart seeing cars I love so much treated with such little respect but I know the owner of this one, and he WILL look after it now that he has a decent base to work from, so that is at least re-assuring.

Its definitely not stock ride height.... Not sure if it is on coilovers or just a set of lowered springs, but the owner has a tendency to modify his cars (also own a silver Audi TT and a white Lexus IS-F)

Post Thanks / Like

Looking real good. Another job well done.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12