autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

2008 black nissan rogue

I detailed my parents 08 nissan rogue yesterday. The car was filthy inside and out with tons of swirl marks on the outside. I did a one step correction my goal was not to get 100% of the swirls out since I know my dad will continue to wash it with a sponge and dry it with dirty towels (at least its a microfiber waffle weave). I really did it to test out some new products I picked up.
    I washed, followed by iron-x, followed by nanoskin fine grade, and corrected with HD Speed and finished up with WG DGPS using my griots polisher. I am very impressed with how easy HD speed was to use and the difference it made. Sorry time was an issue and I did not get to take as many pictures before/after as I would have liked.

Before:

After:

I fixed the tire dressing in the last pic after it was taken.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2008 black nissan rogue

Nissan paint is superb, you made amazing work considering your father does everything to kill it.
    I like Japanese paint system by Nippon Paint they are number one worldwide in technology, on newer Japanese top tier cars they use self healing paint Scratch Guard Coat that from the heat covers light scratches, holograms & swirls without need of polishing.

Technology - Nippon Paint Singapore Nippon Paint Singapore

Nissan Develops Self-Healing Paint

https://encrypted.google.com/search?...EISj7AbYsYPQBw

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shark Politur View Post
    Nissan paint is superb, you made amazing work considering your father does everything to kill it.
    I like Japanese paint system by Nippon Paint they are number one worldwide in technology, on newer Japanese top tier cars they use self healing paint Scratch Guard Coat that from the heat covers light scratches, holograms & swirls without need of polishing.

Technology - Nippon Paint Singapore Nippon Paint Singapore

Nissan Develops Self-Healing Paint

https://encrypted.google.com/search?...EISj7AbYsYPQBw
    Thanks! Those are some interesting articles I had not seen before.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

I detailed few Lexus LS 460 the paint that looked ugly, in few hours became as new you can find it in my previous postings here.
    In general I think Lexus paint coating ( Nippon Paint make it for them) is on the top of the top, I also like Mercedes paint, Porsche and BMW is so-so Audi even worse if compared to Lexus or Mercedes but GM, Ford use the worst paint in the industry, even top US cars got a paint of very questionable quality.
    So your fathers 2008 Nissan got a better paint that will last longer than 2015 Mustang, Corvette, Dodge, Jeep... Toyota paint on higher priced models easily beats any best US manufacturers car.
    And the losers are as always, Hyundai, KIA, Daewoo, Peugeot-Citroen, Mazda, Opel, Subaru, Volvo, Suzuki, VW most models, Seat etc. the cheaper the car from Europe or US or Asia the worst is the paint. All new Honda, Nissan, Toyota paint is superb.
    In Israel it's easy to see who the winners are as most of the year is very hot & high humidity so losers melt quickly.
    So my last word, Lexus paint is N1 worldwide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp6EPccFIJQ

Lexus to get self-repairing paint: Motor Shows | CarsGuide

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shark Politur View Post
    I detailed few Lexus LS 460 the paint that looked ugly, in few hours became as new you can find it in my previous postings here.
    In general I think Lexus paint coating ( Nippon Paint make it for them) is on the top of the top, I also like Mercedes paint, Porsche and BMW is so-so Audi even worse if compared to Lexus or Mercedes but GM, Ford use the worst paint in the industry, even top US cars got a paint of very questionable quality.
    So your fathers 2008 Nissan got a better paint that will last longer than 2015 Mustang, Corvette, Dodge, Jeep... Toyota paint on higher priced models easily beats any best US manufacturers car.
    And the losers are as always, Hyundai, KIA, Daewoo, Peugeot-Citroen, Mazda, Opel, Subaru, Volvo, Suzuki, VW most models, Seat etc. the cheaper the car from Europe or US or Asia the worst is the paint. All new Honda, Nissan, Toyota paint is superb.
    In Israel it's easy to see who the winners are as most of the year is very hot & high humidity so losers melt quickly.
    So my last word, Lexus paint is N1 worldwide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp6EPccFIJQ

Lexus to get self-repairing paint: Motor Shows | CarsGuide
    I have only worked on my own/family vehicles so I do not have experience with bmw/Mercedes but I do agree the paint on this Nissan always has a nice gloss even when dirty. My previous car Acura TSX looked excellent as well but to your point my current ride a 2014 f150 has a terrible paint job.