autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

22PLE Detail and Review

Last weekend I took the opportunity to knock out 2 of my cars. I posted the Jeep with EXO v2 and this one is my Wife’s MDX with 22Ple. I am rushing to get all my vehicles coated so I can have a horse race of sorts to determine what coatings perform best, and look best over time given similar conditions and maintenance. This is something I planned on doing for a while but never got around to it.
    The Product

The Dual Sided Applicator

This is a product I did not know much about. When I was in the process of looking for EXO v2 I waited for it to be in stock at Autopia but my search led me to Detailed Image. After a few emails asking about the EXO v2 vs something better he asked if I ever tried 22PLE. I said no but I was interested in learning more. After some conversation about the 2 coatings I decided to buy the 50ml bottle of EXO v2 as I know I loved it in the past. He said if I was going to be doing another car in the next few weeks he would include a sample of the 22PLE with my order.
    Here is the detail I used it on.
    This MDX is my wife’s daily driver. It is the grocery getter, kid transport and all around utility vehicle. Yes, she likes a clean car, but my wife could care less if I ever cleaned the outside as long as the inside it clean. She is just as happy to run it through the swirl-a-matic car wash. But I don’t agree.
    Products and Process
    Wheels cleaned with P21S gel
    Various wheel woolies, brushes and wash pads
    Tires scrubbed with TAW and a stiff brush
    Car was washed with reset 2BM x 4 grit guards
    Decontaminated with IronX
    Clayed with fine yellow clay and ONR as lube
    Car was polished with a Rupes 15, yellow pad and Yellow Rupes Polish
    Hood was 2nd stepped with an Uber polishing pad and PO85 to see if it made a difference. It did not so I stopped.
    Wiped the whole car down with IPA 15%
    Applied 2 coats of 22PLE with the applicator that was included
    Tires were coated with Geyon Tire
    Trim was treated with Geyon Trim
    Before:
    Dirty wheels and Tires

Oops………looks like thats it for the before pics-It was my second wash of the day, after coating the Jeep so I guess I zoned out on the Photography. I will try to make it up to you on the rest of the write up.
    After the car was pulled in, polished and wiped down this was the results

After 2 coats of 22PLE

22PLE is very easy to work with because it goes on thicker, and is easier to see than the other coatings I have worked with. I always have trouble seeing coatings on white. It also flashes slower which makes my life easier. I have FOLAHS syndrome. (Fear of leaving a high spot) Because I hate to have to pull out the polisher the next day and fix it. Yes, it’s happened to me before. If I catch them early enough I can usually re-apply some product and wipe them out. If they sit overnight, it’s a light polish. In removing the 22PLE the first thing you will notice it that is removed more like a wax, than a coating. It does not wipe clean with the first swipe of the MF towel. It does not require much effort to remove but you need 2 MF towels at all times. At about the ˝ way mark it seemed the towels I was buffing off with were loaded and I was just leaving trails on the panels I wiped. This was quickly fixed by switching to 2 new towels and all was good for the 2nd half of the car.
    The 22PLE has great initial gloss, and the included applicator makes applying easy. I like this applicator better than the suede over a block, and about as well as the Gtech applicator. If it were bigger, like the size of a traditional block I would like it better. I have big hands and find it easier to hold a larger applicator.
    The 22PLE has a strong smell and I need to open the garage to apply. It has a strong smell compared to other products. This product touts a 24 month lifespan, quick and easy soil release, amazing gloss and easy application. I would agree with all of the above except for the soil release part I have not tried yet.
    The post application gloss is excellent and was noticeably increased after curing overnight.
    I used the 30ml size and used about 85-90% of the product to complete 2 coats on all the painted surfaces.

Thanks to DI for allowing me to try and review this coating.
    Completed Shots

Geyon trim was used on the cowl to bring back the lost gloss due to UV damage.
    Cowl before

Cowl after

A weekends worth of work detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 22PLE Detail and Review

Nice write up! I believe this is a winner product as well. Of all the coatings, 22PLE is very easy to apply, and as you said, there is a reasonable amount of time to level it. If there are high spots, AFAIK, you just apply a little more 22PLE there and you level it all out again. I applied 2 coatings to my car last August, and I'll do the same again this August after doing some paint correction.

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Post Thanks / Like

Great job! And thanks for the write up.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent job and thanks for the review!

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good. Seems like an easier product to use.

I wonder if this review will get deleted like the beats one from earlier this week.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome review, thanks for taking the time to write about the product and share with us, it's awesome to get these kinds of reviews on all the different products out there.

22ple might just be one I need to try out, so many options though
    Dynamic Detailing
    Website | Instagram | Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jarred767 View Post

22ple might just be one I need to try out, so many options though
    very true. So many options now a days.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review. I have herd that the gloss gets better after a few days. Would like update on this if possible. I have seen a lot of photos of cars with 22ple they seam to have a different kind of gloss (on darker cars) compared to others coatings witch a like. I need to try on my next coating customer.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, yes I agree with what you posted. Easy to apply and you can re apply to level a missed spot if it's done before it cures too much.

I can tell you 22ple like GTech EXO also get glossier the next day.

I have not washed the Acura since it's been coated, nor has it rained but I am excited to see the beading.

It looks great

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    Nice write up! I believe this is a winner product as well. Of all the coatings, 22PLE is very easy to apply, and as you said, there is a reasonable amount of time to level it. If there are high spots, AFAIK, you just apply a little more 22PLE there and you level it all out again. I applied 2 coatings to my car last August, and I'll do the same again this August after doing some paint correction.

Post Thanks / Like

My pleasure, I like to try new and different products. Figured I'd share to spread some info on products I don't see talked about much that are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicoupe View Post
    Great job! And thanks for the write up.
    Quote Originally Posted by 281 View Post
    Excellent job and thanks for the review!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast