autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

2011 Citroen Aircross, Full Detail, Correction and Coating with Pinnacle Black Label

Dear Friends,

This weekend I had the pleasure to work on a 2011 Citroën AIRCROSS.

The car was very swirled and beaten, but luckily I was able to dial-in a procedure in order to restore it to a good condition - took a lot of time and effort, but was done.

Let's take a look!

Car Arrived, not so bad from distance, right?

Getting closer, you may notice how scrubbed the paint was.

The Wheels were not only dirty but also scrubbed,

And washing alone was not going to be enough to make them look properly.
    BEFORE:

AFTER (washed, decontaminated, polished (PF2500), and coated with Pinnacle Black Label Wheel Coating, 2 coats / 1 day apart.

Engine bay was also needing some attention

BEFORE:

AFTERs:

Interior
    Although I don't have many pictures (interior was done by third-party very talented detailer who doesn't like to take pictures while working) - (read: My beloved wife!)

AFTERs:

To achieve a nice and clean interior, the steamer was used on all surfaces, then it was entirely retouched using dedicated cleaner (read carpet, upholstery, plastic, etc) for spotless look.

Some parts needed polishing as well, done by hand using a MF towel and PF2500 from Menzerna.

BEFORE:

AFTER: (not the best angle compared to above, but the only I have)

BEFORE:

AFTER:

---

Exterior
    After former and intensive wash, I was left with huge amount of contamination.

Notice dark spots over the whole surface... Notice paint condition under proper light:

Definitively not a candidate for wash and wax in my book...

Working the exterior alone is really difficult to get some pics... The bellow is an example of the action of Iron-X decontamination over the spots shown before:

Nanoskin medium grade Mitt was used later for complete decontamination. CarPro Spotless was used on Glass for water spot removal.

Some Detailing

BEFORE:
    Rearview mirror casing was suffering from the elements,

AFTER:

License plate bolts and washers (those shows like a sore thumb on a just detailed car):
    BEFORE:

AFTER: washers switched, bolts restored, and tied for varnish application.

Lower parts, BEFORE:

AFTER:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

BEFORE:

AFTER:
    “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy”

― Isaac Newton

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2011 Citroen Aircross, Full Detail, Correction and Coating with Pinnacle Black Label

Paint Correction
    After achieving a clean and decontaminated surface, it was time for the polishing step.

Swirls were heavy on this one:

Test Spot
    To start dialing a system I like to start with a gentle approach, even (almost) knowing it will not be enough...

Flex 3401 + White Hybrid pad + Menzerna SF4000

Preliminary results of my test spot - still some room for improvement:

The results guided me towards a step up to an orange pad and FG400, using lower speeds (3-4). The Flex 3401 was used on the roof to start 'cutting corners'.

Please, do not criticize my Beige masking tape. It's 3M Automotive tape, which I prefer using in some occasions because it is a lot less adhesive than the green tape - which I see as an advantage where it fits.

Work Smarter, Not Harder

That roof was no only large but very thin and would bent easily.

Work a large, flat panel without needing to exert pressure and still getting a lot of correction (FAST) = Rupes 21. This is the main reason I've ordered it, and it works like a charm.

For those not familiarized with Rupes Pads, the Rupes Green Pad is ~somewhat ~equivalent to an orange cutting pad.

Results achieved:

The results shown are after the finishing step using Flex 3401 and white hybrid pad + SF4000. This 2 step approach was done on the entire car.

Lamps restored gives any car a clean, like new look. The opposite is also true.
    BEFORE:

AFTER:

BEFORE:

AFTERs:

BEFORE:

AFTERs:

Headlamp, BEFORE:

AFTERs:

― Isaac Newton

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2011 Citroen Aircross, Full Detail, Correction and Coating with Pinnacle Black Label

Front work
    BEFORE:

AFTERs:

BEFORE:

AFTERs:

Rear Detailing
    BEFOREs:

DURING:

AFTERs:

Side Work
    In accordance to the rest of the car, swirled and beaten...

Work being performed and inspected under different lighting conditions

BEFORE:

AFTERs:

____

Coating

The car was coated for overnight curing, and Pinnacle Black Label Surface, Paint, Glass and Wheel coating were used on correspondent surfaces, applied twice to each surface to guarantee a thick and even coverage. Here is the car 12 hours after being coated, and ready for delivery.

Delivery
    Customer arrived to get his car and was very satisfied with the outcome. We agreed on a monthly maintenance program, and I'm looking forward to keep this car looking it's best for the time to come.

Here it is, leaving the Garage:

And the outside, finished pics. Hope you enjoy!

Here you can notice a random scratch just bellow the sunlight, considered too deep to be safely removed.

Ready for leaving:

... leaving.

-----------

That's it. I'd like to thank you in advance for watching.

If you have any critics, questions, comments, suggestions, you are always welcome to write down.

Kind Regards.

― Isaac Newton

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful as always!! That is one oddball ride we for sure don't see here in the states.
    It's all in the details

Post Thanks / Like

What a write up Rafael! I thoroughly enjoyed reading through it as well as the pictures. You left no stone unturned on this job. Even on the extreme lower parts of the vehicle. Like Mike Phillips says "If it has paint, it gets polished".

On a side not, the French really know how to make some ugly vehicles.

Thanks for sharing and the wife and I wish you continued success here in your new found work.

Post Thanks / Like

Stunning work Tato! Fantastic post to read & detailed photos. Very enjoyable! Sure is a strange car though huh? Hard to judge the size it but i'm guessing being a Citroen its about the same as a VW Touran?
    Anyhow - Top job mate!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EVOlved View Post
    Beautiful as always!! That is one oddball ride we for sure don't see here in the states.
    Thank you! Citroen is becoming really popular in Brazil, and the quality of their cars rivals the concurrence and get great reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post
    What a write up Rafael! I thoroughly enjoyed reading through it as well as the pictures. You left no stone unturned on this job. Even on the extreme lower parts of the vehicle. Like Mike Phillips says "If it has paint, it gets polished".

On a side not, the French really know how to make some ugly vehicles.

Thanks for sharing and the wife and I wish you continued success here in your new found work.
    Dear Mike, thanks for comment! Come on, it's not so ugly... it's like me: I look better in person than at the pics... !

J/k apart, I really appreciate your comment and the early share of your technique which was used either to cut and finish this car entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post

Stunning work Tato! Fantastic post to read & detailed photos. Very enjoyable! Sure is a strange car though huh? Hard to judge the size it but i'm guessing being a Citroen its about the same as a VW Touran?
    Anyhow - Top job mate!
    Thanks Aaryn, glad you enjoyed! For sure it's a different car... regarding the size, honestly, at first I saw it as a medium size car. After working, based on the amount of details and the time spent polishing, it challenged me as a 'grown up'. IMO it's slightly smaller than Touran...

Thank you all,

Kind Regards.

― Isaac Newton

Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic work my friend!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,Tato. your work flow is so detail,that is very helpfull for newers like me. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

What a detailed write up, step by step and it was almost like we were there working on it with you

Its really hard to get white right and you nailed it, without a doubt, I'm sure the owner was very happy with the results, now the thing is to keep it from getting that bad again but I'm sure you've talked to them about that!

Now as far as the vehicle, we haven't had Citreon in the states in God knows how long but that is a wild vehicle, a gauge for pitch and roll, WOW! Is that a diesel by chance? I also like the fact that its got 3 pedals too and how about that wild piece of glass by the A-pillar, only the French could pull that off!
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast