autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

2012 Chrysler 300S

This vehicle was booked for a single stage polish followed by Americoat. There ended up being some issues with the paint that made it need a bit more in places and the decontamination on this thing was brutal. Check it out as it arrived:

There were tar and road deposits along the bottom too which is typical with a white car:

First up was the wheels. The barrels were cleaned with Tarminator followed by Zep Citrus. The faces were cleaned with Zep Citrus. The tires with Zep 505 and the wells with LATA. Both the barrels and the wells were shot with CarPro Hydro for protection.

The car was then hand washed with DG 901. My usual step of IronX and an Incredimitt were not being effective enough. I had to get quite aggressive with the decontamination of this car. I used a magic eraser with IronX paste as well as spraying IronX on the paint. Here it is at work:

There was a nasty chip that was going to need to be filled as well:

In addition to that, above the exhaust pipe were several chips that needed filling:

After the IronX stage, it was brought inside and clayed with the Speedy Prep towel.

The single stage process for this car was a yellow B/S + M205 + Flex 3401. However, the hood and the trunk were too badly swirled to allow only that stage to be done so they both got M105 + TB wool + Flex followed by the 205 + yellow B/S. In addition to those areas, there was a re-paint issue on the LR door. You can see a line in the paint in the following pic. That line was about 12" long.

I wet sanded it with a Megs 3K sanding disc followed by the 2 step process used on the hood. Here it as after that process:

The repainted areas on the car had some flaws that were not able to be corrected. Check out these next 2 shots:

This customer had purchased the car used and did not have it painted himself.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2012 Chrysler 300S

The rest of the car was done with the one step process outlined above. That was followed by DG Squeaky Clean + white B/S pad + 3401. Americoat was applied to the wheels, paint, glass and head and tail lights. DP windshield coating was applied to the windshield. I used my IR light for the first time on an AC job. I personally did not see a difference in the outcome after using it. The tires were shot with Opti Bond @ 100% via my air gun.

I was pleased at how the SC was able to make the black on the wheels pop. Here are the after shots of it:

Mirrors looking great with AC!

Exhaust chips filled:

Fender chip filled:

Loving the reflections from the handles:

Lastly a close up of the repair done to the LR door:

Thanks for looking!

Post Thanks / Like

As always richy you did an superior job you made that white paint flawless and pure again great work

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jamesboyy View Post
    As always richy you did an superior job you made that white paint flawless and pure again great work
    Thanks very much! I was happy I was able to get it the way I wanted to as this customer was purely just from my website.