autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Chrono Yellow Seat Cupra Detailed by Etiennč

After detailing the Zennith Grey Cupra not too long ago, I knew that it would only be a matter of time before Ruan is going to bring me his Cupra for the detail aswell. About a week after fetching his dad's Cupra from my house, Ruan contacted me to arrange for the detail on his car. The date was set, Monday morning 21st of April. I was extremely excited about doing this car. Judging from his father's cab, I knew this would be in a mint condition too.

Monday morning - 9am. Ruan arrived at my house, he showed me how dirty the car was ( I remember him telling me a day in advance that the car would be dirty ), and off he went. I pulled the car in and snapped up some pics.

Upon arrival

Engine Bay

Exterior

Interior

The car was dirty, yes, but I have seen worse :grin: I started with the interior. Vacuumed the car, cleaned all the panels and trims and blew out all the creases using my compressor. After all this had been done, I took a step back and noticed the seats was in a pretty bad condition. I knew it would look silly if I detail the whole car but left the seats looking the way they did. I got in contact with Ruan and he agreed on me taking them out and giving them a proper wash.

Seats

Seats out ready to be cleaned

After pictures will be shown later on.

Tuesday morning - I reassembled the interior of the car putting back all the seats. I then proceeded to wash the wheels and wheel arches followed by washing and drying the car. I did the Iron out on the car ( no decent pics unfortunately ), followed by claying the car. Think I spent around 4 hours alone on claying the car. Contamination was not too bad , but there were signs of overspray on the front bumper aswell as tree sap on almost all the panels.

Wednesday morning - I started with another wash and dry to get rid of all the overnight dust. I then got out the polisher and did my test spots. Settled on Menzerna FG400 with Yellow cutting pads. Now for those always asking me for 50:50 pics , this one is for you.

Only pic I got while polishing though ops: Next up I noticed some marks on the bumper right by the exhaust which looked like this :

Few mins later and I had this :

No real biggie to take that out tbh. After applying my Menzerna PL , as I finished wiping the car it started drizzling and I pulled the car into the garage. At around 3pm the sun was back out and I pulled the Cupra out to finish it all off. Wipe off the dust , clean all the creases , dress the trims etc etc etc. You all know the drill. After about an hour and 15 mins the car was finished. I pulled out to snap pics and decided to use a new location for this car mainly because I don't want ALL the pics looking like Ruan's fathers car. Drove a short 800m trip to my friends house and got out my phone camera for a few pics

After the detail

After this I took the car home and put it away in the garage as it would only go home the following day.

Thursday Morning - About 30mins before Ruan arrives , I took the car out to snap a few more pictures and give the car a final wipedown.

Ruan and his father came to fetch the car and both of them seemed to be extremely happy with the outcome. It's always nice to see a smile on a clients face after 3 days of hard labor put into a car. We had a chat for a few minutes and they were off. I must admit , the car looks pretty damn mean rolling down the road :driving:

From South Africa
    Creative Car Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chrono Yellow Seat Cupra Detailed by Etiennč

First off. Great turn around. Looks like it was in great hands.

Second. That's a cool looking car. Never seen one before. Turbo diesel? Looks like it will scoot along pretty good.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice, like your reviews because they are cars we will never see over here.

HUMP

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful work on that Seat Cupra! I bet they were pleased with the results!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smokinss View Post
    First off. Great turn around. Looks like it was in great hands.

Second. That's a cool looking car. Never seen one before. Turbo diesel? Looks like it will scoot along pretty good.
    Thanx for the kind words. Its actually a VAG 2L tfsi ko4 .... this one is fully kitted , stage 2+ !! Beast of note

Quote Originally Posted by HUMP DIESEL View Post
    Very nice, like your reviews because they are cars we will never see over here.

HUMP
    Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    Beautiful work on that Seat Cupra! I bet they were pleased with the results!
    Thanks guys. Had fun doing this car. Smile on the clients face made every second spent worth it

From South Africa
    Creative Car Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

I love this. VAG lover here. You did a great job.

Post Thanks / Like

GREAT turnaround my friend!

Looks like a show car.

The owner must be very happy with your results, imagine arriving at home with this car just after being properly detailed... I would sit down in garage for a while (maybe some 2 - 3 beers ), just staring at it thinking about how beautiful it went out.

Congratulations on this work,

Thanks for sharing.
    “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy”

― Isaac Newton

Post Thanks / Like

Wonderful work my friend!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I was going to say...that car isnt DIRTY, until I saw your after pictures!!
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSou View Post
    I love this. VAG lover here. You did a great job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tato View Post
    GREAT turnaround my friend!

Looks like a show car.

The owner must be very happy with your results, imagine arriving at home with this car just after being properly detailed... I would sit down in garage for a while (maybe some 2 - 3 beers ), just staring at it thinking about how beautiful it went out.

Congratulations on this work,

Thanks for sharing.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrenceSA View Post
    Wonderful work my friend!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    I was going to say...that car isnt DIRTY, until I saw your after pictures!!
    Thanx for the kind words guys. The owner went away for easter weekend and I suspect the car got a littttttle dirtier than the usual. The seats was as dirty , due to the owner having 2 children.

This car is a true head turner , no doubt. Glad I was given the opportunity to restore the condition on this one

From South Africa
    Creative Car Detailing