autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    Super Member Pinpoint_Precision's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinpoint Precision Auto Detailing Show & Tell Galleria

This car was referred to me by Manuel from Miami HD Car care. The customer has been looking into get his car detailed. He keeps the car in the garage most of the time and he takes pride on his car by properly washing it. After talking to him he explained to me that he was looking into removing some swirl marks, some rids and such and make the paint glow. We scheduled a date for his beloved the car. This customer has to be one of the nicest cool guys that I got to meet on along time. Very hospitable and shares the same passion that us detailers share for every car we get to detail.

2009 Corvette Z06.

Upon arrival

I walked around and was surprise to see that the car, (paint wise wasn't bad) at all but it needed some work. The last time he got it cleaned was about 2 months ago, so it was sitting in the garage all that time, dirt was expected. I got to wash down the car first, then I got to see the true conditions of the paint.

I started with the Baggie test, as expected, the paint had to be decontaminated. After the hood only.

The owner was kind enough to put up his canopy up earlier that night. I usually don't do paint corrections unless I have a garage but he did that and the conditions on this day was breezy which it really helped as well.

The car all taped up and ready for surgery.

Products to be used.

After 8 hours, 2 step correction and threw in for him Nitro Seal as well. Don't know why but it always make the paint pop! Great product from HD car care.

Interior all cleaned and Nano coated as well using CQuartz.

Engine too got detailed.

Here is a video after completion.
    2009 Corvette Z06 detailed by Pinpoint Precision Auto Detai - YouTube

He also has a special vehicle that soon will be getting a nice prep by us as well. Stay tuned for that project.
    Pinpoint Precision Auto Detailing
    Modesta Glass Coating | Suntek Ultra PPF

Http://www.pinpointprecisionautodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ray@Autogeek View Post
    amazing work!
    Thanks Ray. Tomorrow I will be there. Need to get a few things.

Post Thanks / Like

Earlier today. New client.
    2012 Maserati Granturismo.

Before

After

Interior detailed.

It was hard to catch a good picture with my iphone5, it was really sunny today.

Here is a video after completion.
    2012 Maserati GranTurismo detailed by Pinpoint Precision Au - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

Francisco, you do INCREDIBLE work! I'm very impressed! If you don't mind, what paint enhancer do you use? I'm intriqued.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank bud. My paint enhancer, it's the term that I use for polishing the car. Whether that's wrong or not, well its my term and that's how I tell my customers and they understand better this way. You want to be professional but I learned sometime that I need to talk the customer's language, meaning. Still being professional but not insulting him. Lol. Light polish, or a fine polish like like Pinnacle Finishing Polish.

Post Thanks / Like

2008 Dodge SRT10

Post Thanks / Like

2012 Lexus IS 250

Owner who happens to be a follower member of here, has just recently bought a brand new Lexus. He had a few issues due to the dealership not doing a proper detailing job, "what's new", lol, so after him doing a lot searching online to look for a detailer, he finally got in touch with me. He had explained to me that his car being black, (super soft paint) had swirl marks and micro marring as well and it was clearly visible. Unfortunately due to time, I don't have any before pictures but I am sure the owner will stop by here and leave a comment about the conditions of the paint. He wanted a Nano protection so I did explain to him that after doing a test spot and showing him, about 90% was achieved on this very soft paint doing a 1 step correction. The priority here was protection, after explaining to him the different coatings, we settled on Nanolex coating protection. Easy to use and to apply and leaves this amazing deep shine on the car. Great product.

The car after completion.

Products used:
    Flex
    Meguiar's DA for lower panels.
    HD Polish
    Pinnacle Advanced Finish Polish
    IPA
    Nanolex coating

Here is the owner trying to get a feeling of what's like to machine polish a car.

After all said and done, the pictures. It was later already so unfortunately it was late but still I was able to capture a few pictures. The owner will send me a few in the morning soon, so stay tuned for them.

Here is the owner of the car, very happy with the results.

Post Thanks / Like

Great work! I noticed you used Meguires products in your earlier posts then moved onto specialty products. Any reason?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey fellow detailer enthusiasts!

To start off I’m fairly OCD & I picked up a 2012 Obsidian Black Lexus IS 250 CPO w/ 3k miles. I knew a black car would be a challenge, but as they say, challenge accepted!

It came with lovely swirls, and I asked the dealer to fix it. They “fixed” it once, and solved the minor swirls / scratches but installed beautiful holograms. Yay!!!

I took it back, and they “fixed” it again. A few car washes later using a 2 bucket method, I’m starting to see the holograms & scratches again. After researching here, I realize they glazed over the holograms / scratches because it looked really shiny when I got it, and as the glaze wore off I saw more of what was hidden underneath.

After more research & seeing Francisco’s work I contacted him to fix the dealer debacle mess haha! I also want to add I put a scratch in the car from a hose at one of those self cleaning car wash places. Francisco took a look at the dealer’s handy work, and my scratch and gave me his honest opinion. He promptly went to work and made the scratch barely visible. The scratch was through the clearcoat & now it is virtually invisible.

Francisco was extremely knowledgeable with his products and available products in the industry. I ended up following his recommendations for the best products for the best outcome for my car. It looks great! The car looks blacker, glossier, and has that wet look I wanted. There’s one pic below where it was like looking at a mirror..looks fantastic!

Thank you Francisco for your help!

I love the below pic. I can see the reflection of the neighbors cars behind the trees...like looking in a mirror!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pbedrosi View Post
    Great work! I noticed you used Meguires products in your earlier posts then moved onto specialty products. Any reason?
    I am always searching and researching products, practicing with them on a daily basis. I love Meguiar's, it got me with a good start, specially their easy paint correction system. Once you come here to Autogeek, yeah that's it. You learn more from other real detailer's and the professor Mike Philips, what works best and everything it's free info. I love everything that works. I carry I would say a lot of lines, from Sonax, Menzernna, Meguiar's, Pinnacle, Poorboys, HD and some chemical's guy stuff. Do I have to? No but I like it because every car is a different application and I am always using different things to see what works best. A lot of money well spent if you ask me and AutoGeek has all of them. I don't affiliate myself with no company just so you know, so don't think that I am trying to sell stuff here by saying that, just my honest opinion. Thanks for looking.

Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast