I was contacted on one of my BMW forums for a job on a badly swirled Jet Black 335i coupe. I have never seen a newer car with such hammered paint. Right now I kicking myself for not taking a few extra minutes to take before pictures of the condition of the paint or even 50/50 pictures. Its odd that I did my 50/50 and looked in aww to what the FG400 is capable of but I was to busy rushing to get the car done. This is a hard lesson learned as none of my pictures show the before condition
This was a one day job that was done on Sunday so I had to knock out my 1 step correction and finish the car by 7 pm. This was about 9 hours worth of work. I used Menzerna FG400 on a orange hybrid foam pad with my 3401 running full bore. This left me with a nearly LSP ready surface and BL on a white polishing pad finished it out nicely.
- Wheels were prepped with Wolfgang Uber Wheel Cleaner and Car Pro IronX with various brushes
- Tires were spritzed down with Meguiar's APC
- Wheel wells were cleaned with Meguiar's APC
- Rinseless Wash with Meguiar's RFEW
- Door jambs were cleaned up
- Clayed with Meguiar's Blue clay and Last Touch detailer
- Tires dressed with Meguiar's Endurance Gel
- Compound Menzerna FG400
- Last step/AIO - Chemical Guys BL
It was freezing outside while washing the wheels.