Hi everyone. Got a quick one today. This is actually the last detail that I did in my old house. My wife and I just finished moving into our new home, which has a nice two and a half car garage, so I can't wait to start detailing out of here! Anyway...onto the detail.
This job was booked as a New Car Prep plus Opti Guard. Originally the owner didn't think it needed any correction, but after close inspection in the sun this vehicle needed a lot of attention. the sides and bumpers just had light swirling, but the hood, roof, and trunk had been totally destroyed by someone who didn't know how to use a rotary buffer. Buffer trails and swirls galore. So this ended up being a correction plus Opti Guard.
I started with the wheels and tires as usual. they weren't too filthy as this vehicle had less than 1000 miles on it, but they did need some attention. I used Autoglym Custom Wheel Cleaner on the wheels and tires, and Optimum Power Clean on the wheel wells. The wheels were coated with OG, the tires dressed with Hyper Dressing, and the wheel wells also got dressed with Hyper Dressing.
Next I prepped the paint for correction. This started off with foaming the exterior with a strong mixture of Hyperwash and APC+ to remove the wax/sealant that was applied by the dealership. While the foam dwelled I cleaned the emblems, body seams, and trim with a Raceglaze brush.
After the was I clayed the vehicle with Ricardo Yellow (this vehicle was very clean so the claying process went quickly)
So now that the paint was stripped we could see the true condition...and it wasn't pretty. I was under a huge time crunch here since the work essentially doubled, so I didn't get tons of pics. Here you can see the buffertrails, and deep swirls on the hood.
As you can see it was going to take some work to get this vehicle back looking it's best...and to make matters worse the paint was hard as a rock. I ended up hitting the hood, roof, and trunk with Scholls S03+ on a wool pad with my Dewalt 849x Rotary. Even with this combo it took multiple passes to remove the buffer trails and deep swirls. This step was followed with D300 on an MF pad via the Megs DA, and finally it was finished with M205 on a green uber pad, also on the Megs DA.
The rest of the vehicle (doors, fenders, and bumpers) just received the last two steps.
Here is how it turned out.
Again the LSP was Opt Guard today. This was a big job, but I was very happy with the results, as was the client. Thanks for taking the time to look at this, and I look forward to your feedback!