autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

'06 Nissan Sentra w/ Collinite 845

This is my wife's vehicle. It's 10 months old, and I haven't used the PC on it yet. Weekly washes with DP 4in1 and Shmitt. I decided to use my recently purchased Collinite 845 and Pinnacle Crystal Mist (original formula).

Wash: DP 4in1 and Wash Shmitt.
    Clay: Mother's Yellow clay and DP 4in1 for lube.
    Tires: Just wiped them down since I'm seeing how long the Armor-All Fierce Shine foam will hold up. 1 week so far.
    Collinite 845: Applied with red CCS applicator pad. I love this pad. It doesn't soak up the product like my other yellow applicators. Need a little more product? Just press gently on the pad and it releases some more. Used about a nickel-sized (or less) drop of 845 on the pad, and it covered the entire hood. 845 goes on really smooth. Almost looks oily, and smells a little of petroleum. Didn't bother me. Wiped off with Cobra Indigo MF after each panel. Surface was super slick.
    Pinnacle Crysal Mist (original formula): Waited for about an hour, and then topped off with PCM. This is my first time trying this. All I can say is, WOW!! Why didn't I get this before???? I thought CK QuikShine was good. This PCM is GREAT!! Can't wait to get the New Formula!! 1 spray on each half of the hood, and 1 spray per panel. Spread with Cobra Jr. MF, flipped over and buffed off. It added lots of pop!! Made the paint look a little darker, and richer. I actually said, "Whoa!" out loud, after the 1st wipe!! Now why didn't any of you tell me about PCM??

Anyway, took some pictures, and also did some close-ups to try to show very little swirls on a 10 month old car, even though it's only been washed with DP 4in1 and Shmitt!
    Alban B-)
    2008 Ford F250 XLT 6.4L PSD, 4X4, SC, SB, Bedrug bedliner, Torza Trifold Tonneau cover, SS step bars / Dark Shadow Gray Metallic
    2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S / Inferno

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow looks absolutely great. I LOVE Collinite 845, i used it on my girlfriends 98 Altima and boy let me tell you it really brought out the shine, and its good to know that it will last significantly longer than many other waxes. I actually have a thread on how its doing three months after. You should look forward to a long period of protection. Great job!!

This is the thread by the way:
    Two-In-One (56k grab some coffee or something)

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow that car's glistening. There's almost no swirls on the paint

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job! I like that color.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys! I really appreciate the compliments. I also wanted to show that Shmitt and Rinseless Wash didn't mark up the finish/paint.
    Quote Originally Posted by av6gp
    Wow looks absolutely great. I LOVE Collinite 845, i used it on my girlfriends 98 Altima and boy let me tell you it really brought out the shine, and its good to know that it will last significantly longer than many other waxes. I actually have a thread on how its doing three months after. You should look forward to a long period of protection. Great job!!

This is the thread by the way:
    Two-In-One (56k grab some coffee or something)
    Yes, I posted in your thread. That Altima was still shining, and was beading up really nice after 3 months! I used Collinite 845 on the Sentra because I needed that protection. We're parked under maple trees, and are frequently bombarded by birds!!! It's really a plus that a durable wax like this also looks great!!
    Alban B-)
    2008 Ford F250 XLT 6.4L PSD, 4X4, SC, SB, Bedrug bedliner, Torza Trifold Tonneau cover, SS step bars / Dark Shadow Gray Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    That color is on fire...very nice...very interesting wax.

Thank you for sharing car looks amazing...you do good work my friend.

I still can't get over the color and how it pops...oh um..did I see some minor scratches, almost looks like marring? Please don't think that I'm slamming you bro because I'm not the color is stunning. I just see swirls and scratches all over the place now, I suffer from scratchini symptom lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nica
    That color is on fire...very nice...very interesting wax.

Thank you for sharing car looks amazing...you do good work my friend.

I still can't get over the color and how it pops...oh um..did I see some minor scratches, almost looks like marring? Please don't think that I'm slamming you bro because I'm not the color is stunning. I just see swirls and scratches all over the place now, I suffer from scratchini symptom lol.
    LOL! I know you're not slamming me! Thanks for the compliments too. There are some minor swirls. I purposely did those close-ups with the sun to show them. I haven't used a PC on that car, and only washed with DP 4n1 and Shmitt in the 10 months that we've owned it. Minor swirls came with the car courtesy of dealership detailing. Just trying to show that Rinseless Wash and Shmitt won't destroy your finish. Had PB EX-P and Nattys wax for winter protection. I think they did a good job.
    Alban B-)

Post Thanks / Like
    I said "Whoa!" out loud too! I think we have another expert! Awesome work!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkie
    I said "Whoa!" out loud too! I think we have another expert! Awesome work!
    Thank you Sparkie!! I'm not even close to the skills you guys have!! But I'm learning everyday on this Forum. Got 3 different vehicles to work on, this Summer (son's, sister's, dad's). 2 of them aren't in too good a shape. Can't wait to spend some valuable PC time!! LOL.
    Alban B-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast