autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Black Audi A5, paint correction & Opti-Guard coating: Rasky's Auto Detailing

The owner on this beautiful car recently found me online. After exchanging a few emails inquiring on pricing/options we scheduled a time for me to evaluate the car. Upon inspection there were some obvious signs of previous rotary work, clay marring, and a few deep RIDS, but most of swirling looked like it would come out with a 2-step method, which was the route we decided upon. The owner arrived Friday evening at about 6:00 and he had arranged with me to stick around for a few hours so that he could get a better understanding of the washing/drying process. Basically he wanted to help protect his investment with me and keep the car looking as nice as possible. Usually my plan for Friday is to get the car prepped for polishing on Saturday morning. If there is time I will also do a few test spots to determine the best process for polishing. My Original plan of attack was D300/MF followed by 106fa and the initial spot looked great minus a few deeper scratches. However, after hitting a few other panels I was finding there were LOTS of deeper scratches hidden by the swirls which appeared to have been induced from previous rotary work (likely from a dirty wool pad). Some of these scratches required more than one pass with M105/PFW on the rotary! With the owner still watching me do my test spots and seeing the results, we decided to make it a 3-step job as there were just too many scratches left over from only doing a 2-step...being that we were coating the car we were striving for about 90-95% correction.

Process:

Wash - Foam Cannon with CGCW & OPC mix, Lambs wool mitt
    Wheels - Sonax Full Effect Wheel Cleaner
    Clay - Clay Magic and ONR as lube (owner had also clayed previously)
    Paint Correction:
    • Step 1 - M105 via rotary and PFW pad
    • Step 2 - D300 via GG6 DA and MF cutting pad
    • Step 3 - 106fa via GG6 and tangerine LC Hydro foam pad

Coating Prep - Foam cannon and wash with OPC and CGCW mix, followed by DI rinse
    Tires - Megs Hyper Dressing 3:1
    Glass - Megs D120
    LSP - Optimum Opti-Guard

The wheels were also removed to better clean up tar from inner barrels and to apply the Opti-Guard. Wheels were then reinstalled and torqued to factory specs.

Before pics

50/50 shots after D300/MF

Dual Brinkmanns

After final polishing

Focused on the paint surface....

Focused on the reflection....

Brinkmann

Flash

Reflection shots

Finished pics

Thanks for looking,
    Rasky
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Black Audi A5, paint correction & Opti-Guard coating: Rasky's Auto Detailing

BRAVO!

Awesome work!
    Trade:PoliCoat=Unused,DPHPGlassRestorer=Unused,For everBlack=Unused,Klasse HGS=Unused PBWheelSealant=Used 2Xdouble coat app Lookingfor:IronX,303 Protect, 6" Pads

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Black Audi A5, paint correction & Opti-Guard coating: Rasky's Auto Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post

Reflection shots
    Wow! That is a beautiful reflection! This guy is one lucky owner.
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like

Outstanding, you sure brought out the shine. Nice work.

Tom

Mike Phillips

Very nice save Chad and some of the best reflection shot photography I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post

The owner on this beautiful car recently found me online.

How to be successful like Chad aka RaskyR1, here area a few tips...

If you want to grow your detailing business, or any business you can use discussion forums in a way to promote yourself but you need to follow the tips outlined in this thread,

Tips for using a discussion forum to reach more customers...

And you need to learn how to work with pictures on discussion forums, simply "attaching" a picture is lame, so take some time and teach yourself how to use a few software programs and then teach yourself how to make your pictures "appear" in your posts.

If you're going to be a "Forum Person" on ANY forum, help yourself by learning how to work with picture on the Internet

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Great job!

What I really liked is, the owner not only wanted the car looking great but wanted to learn proper wash/dry technique so he could keep it looking great.
    "If I were stranded on a desert island and could only have one book, record and person...I'd probably die of exposure."

Post Thanks / Like

Great save. Really turned out nice.

Just think of how much less time it would have taken if the previous guy hadn't hacked it up.

I bet you now have another lifetime customer

Post Thanks / Like

Man, that thing looks great
    In GOD we trust

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

You sir, are a master!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2kredbb6 View Post
    BRAVO!

Awesome work!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by rider9195 View Post
    Wow! That is a beautiful reflection! This guy is one lucky owner.
    Thanks Ryan!

Quote Originally Posted by Driwash View Post
    Outstanding, you sure brought out the shine. Nice work.

Tom
    Thanks Tom!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Very nice save Chad and some of the best reflection shot photography I've ever seen.

How to be successful like Chad aka RaskyR1, here area a few tips...

If you want to grow your detailing business, or any business you can use discussion forums in a way to promote yourself but you need to follow the tips outlined in this thread,

Tips for using a discussion forum to reach more customers...

And you need to learn how to work with pictures on discussion forums, simply "attaching" a picture is lame, so take some time and teach yourself how to use a few software programs and then teach yourself how to make your pictures "appear" in your posts.

If you're going to be a "Forum Person" on ANY forum, help yourself by learning how to work with picture on the Internet

Thanks Mike!

I tried to show the difference it can make when you focus on the surface vs. letting the camera focus on the reflection....I call it the orange peel eliminator!

Quote Originally Posted by panthercz View Post
    Wow! Great job!

What I really liked is, the owner not only wanted the car looking great but wanted to learn proper wash/dry technique so he could keep it looking great.
    Thank you! I love clients who are motivated to keep their cars looking nice...makes you feel good knowing your hard work will be appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by oldmodman View Post
    Great save. Really turned out nice.

Just think of how much less time it would have taken if the previous guy hadn't hacked it up.

I bet you now have another lifetime customer
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by dchristo View Post
    Man, that thing looks great

Thanks Dave!

Quote Originally Posted by kimtyson View Post
    You sir, are a master!
    Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast