autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Prestige Auto Detailing: 2010 Ford Escape XLT

Prestige Auto Detailing: 2010 Ford Escape XLT

Clay:
    Mothers Clay Bar Kit (nasty stuff)

Finishing Polish:
    DP Max Wax
    Optimum Opti-Seal

Other Exterior Detailing Items:
    PW Trim Restorer
    PW Bold N Bright

Hello Everyone,

Well, the Service Manager (Friend of mine and the family) bought this new 2010 Ford Escape XLT for his wife. He wanted me to do my thing to it, don't blame him. LOL I said NOT to wash it at your dealership since you car wash area CHOMPS!!!! Here is why:

Would you want your vehicle to run through this thing that you will find at most of the Ford Dealerships? I did not think so. HA!! He wanted me to only wax and protect the paint. After I rinsed and (there is another area that you can't see where they can hand wash vehicles next to the auto line) dried it. I told him that it needed to be clayed. He said its a brand new vehicle. I was like, okay.... So, I used the MaxWax on one section and made him tough it. I advised him that the paint was very harsh and it needed to be clayed. He did not beleve me, so, I drove over to Pep Boys and bought that nasty Mothers Clay Bar Kit since I did not wish to drive to my place and get my stuff. After I clayed it, I then went ahead and did the MaxWax on it. Felt nice and smooth. After that, I then used the Optimum Opti-Seal on the paint. Worked great (Do I love using the Opti-Seal, Great Product!!). After the paint was taken car of, I used the Poorboys Trim Restorer on all the black molding around the outside of the Escape. Many of the sales reps were coming by amazed at how nice and clean it looked. Told them, sorry guys, this is not what YOU GUYS GET unless they pay me for the work. They know it. he he he

After all of that was done, I dressed the tires with PW Bold N Bright. I told our bud that he better have everything signed since the sales reps were going to bring in people and sell it right there on the spot. He said, if they do, none of out repair guys will work on any of their clients vehicles. Ouch.

Everyone is happy!!

Stephen R. Hollon, Jr
    Pearland, TX
    (956) 357-7696 – Cell/Text / srhtx@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Prestige Auto Detailing: 2010 Ford Escape XLT

Nice job...Oh yeah, you took them boys to Detail 101...LOL...

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Re: Prestige Auto Detailing: 2010 Ford Escape XLT

Well, you, I and everyone else knows that there really is nothing we can do. I've advised my friend, and a few others, that this is what needs to happen to all of the new vehicles in inventory. They are covered in all the crap from rail road transportation and convoy transportation. All that fun industrial fall-out ya know.
    Stephen R. Hollon, Jr
    Pearland, TX
    (956) 357-7696 – Cell/Text / srhtx@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice and informative sir. Didn't realize you should clay a brand new care (yes I'm a noob see =>). But just to confirm your process, you clay'd and then went straight to wax and then sealer? Is this because it's a new car so no need to use a polish after you clay'd? Just trying to get this straight in my noggin because I'm probably going to get a new car this summer and want to start the new car off right! TIA and Cheers. //bluegoose//

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bluegoose View Post
    Very nice and informative sir. Didn't realize you should clay a brand new care (yes I'm a noob see =>). But just to confirm your process, you clay'd and then went straight to wax and then sealer? Is this because it's a new car so no need to use a polish after you clay'd? Just trying to get this straight in my noggin because I'm probably going to get a new car this summer and want to start the new car off right! TIA and Cheers. //bluegoose//
    Welcome to the forum. If you want to be truly OCD about your new car don't have the dealer prep the car at all. New cars do need a clay typically to remove crap deposited during transport.