autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

McKee's 37 - 360 Water Beading Pics

What's going on guys, I recently did a one step on a black Dodge Ram, and got some nice water beading shots when it rained. 360 is very well liked, But no one rarely talks about the durable protection it leaves behind.

Water Beading

Hood

Hood Again

Very tight and consistent water beading, One thing that stands out is the consistent straight lines of water beading it provides, Its almost like 360 demands a single file line!

No question that 360 lays down a durable layer of sealant protection.

Note: This truck had no sealant/wax protection before application, Did a complete decon strip wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKee's 37 - 360 Water Beading Pics

Our winter wasn't as bad as it usually is, but the 360 on my car performed almost as well as griots paint sealant on my truck. I keep wanting to try other AIOs but 360 has done so well for me that I keep coming back to it. It performs well in the correction/polishing department with orange CCS pads but based on what I'm learning, it may do even better with thin pros or something similar.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pilotpip View Post
    Our winter wasn't as bad as it usually is, but the 360 on my car performed almost as well as griots paint sealant on my truck. I keep wanting to try other AIOs but 360 has done so well for me that I keep coming back to it. It performs well in the correction/polishing department with orange CCS pads but based on what I'm learning, it may do even better with thin pros or something similar.
    What machine are you using? if your using a 8mm da then Yes, the thinpros would be a better option.

my recommendation is to not use a CCS pad or any closed cell pad for that matter when using a "AIO" polish like 360, Closed cell pads are just that closed cell, and the wax/sealant protection can really cause gumming of the pad, and that can make you lose cut, finishing ability, and also not leave a consistent film of product while buffing, When using a closed cell pad with a AIO you will notice how splotchy and how inconsistent the film of product is on the panel, that is due to the closed cell technology.

Post Thanks / Like

Note: This truck had no sealant/wax protection before application, Did a complete decon strip wash.[/QUOTE]

Very Nice Joe! What do you mean by a complete a decon strip wash?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lane5515 View Post
    Note: This truck had no sealant/wax protection before application, Did a complete decon strip wash.
    Very Nice Joe! What do you mean by a complete a decon strip wash?[/QUOTE]

I used a Iron Remover decon spray, I clayed to remove embedded surface contaminants, and added 1-2oz of McKee's 37 APC to my wash bucket with Xtreme Foam Formula. (Truck was covered with bugs, sand, mud, dirt) had no signs of any wax or sealant protection before hand.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe@NextLevelDetail View Post
    What machine are you using? if your using a 8mm da then Yes, the thinpros would be a better option.

my recommendation is to not use a CCS pad or any closed cell pad for that matter when using a "AIO" polish like 360, Closed cell pads are just that closed cell, and the wax/sealant protection can really cause gumming of the pad, and that can make you lose cut, finishing ability, and also not leave a consistent film of product while buffing, When using a closed cell pad with a AIO you will notice how splotchy and how inconsistent the film of product is on the panel, that is due to the closed cell technology.
    I'm using a PC. Interestingly I've not experienced an inconsistent or splotchy appearance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pilotpip View Post
    I'm using a PC. Interestingly I've not experienced an inconsistent or splotchy appearance.
    If your using a PC, for sure go with a thinner profile pad, the PC lacks in power, and a thick pad like the CCS means the backing plate has more weight and mass to spin, a thinner pad = less weight and mass to transfer the mechanical energy to the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe@NextLevelDetail View Post
    If your using a PC, for sure go with a thinner profile pad, the PC lacks in power, and a thick pad like the CCS means the backing plate has more weight and mass to spin, a thinner pad = less weight and mass to transfer the mechanical energy to the paint.
    If only I had known when I spent months laboring over which pads to go with. And if only AG had a package with thin pros rather than CCS (they may now, didn't when I bought)

Post Thanks / Like

I can second what Joe is saying about 360. I did a neighbor's car that is washed maybe twice a year - used 360 and almost 8 months later (and maybe one wash?) 360 is still beading strong. When I first used 360 I made the same mistake of using white CCS pads and they became pink bubble gum-like in consistency, near impossible to get the pads clean. I have since moved to LC Thin Pro orange and whites with 360, and while I still cannot get the pads completely clean, they do come cleaner than the CCS pads did. I think what I like best about 360 is how much brighter it makes the paint - the difference is noticeable particularly on cars that may get love once or twice a year.

ScottH

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to pose a question to everyone:

Buy some thin pros in white and orange to use with AIO, and keep the CCS pads for compound and traditional polish? I have noticed how much more difficult 360 is to clean out of the pads but I'm new to this and didn't know any better.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast