autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Knocked out a full correction and coating on a fellow Audi S4 Owners car

Knocked out a full correction detail and a coating on a fellow S4. It was in pretty bad shape but corrected fairly easily.

• Flex 3401 with Microfiber Pads
    • Megs Ulitmate Compound
    • Then I polished it with Essence and some Hexlogic Green Pads
    • Finally topped it off with McKee's 37 Paint Coating

Got a chance to use my new Big Foot iBrid Nano to polish the wheel face. Used the rotary setting with small yellow pad. The only downside is as I went to clean up everything the velcro backing came off the smaller backing plate. I cleaned it off and reattached it trying some liquid nail. We'll see if that holds. Hopefully so. I was a little disappointed that it came off like that. Overall the unit performed well though. Was able to do all four wheels with a single charge and some to spare. Power dropped a bit on on the last wheel but not so much that it mattered.

Was hammered pretty badly

Short video showing the swirls

Turned out well though

2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Knocked out a full correction and coating on a fellow Audi S4 Owners car

Very nice
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Don't you just love Essence on those soft plastic b-pillars? It's crazy how well it finishes out on those. Nice work!
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Post Thanks / Like

Car and work is awesome as usual,but that license plate looks hideous mounted there sorry.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Car and work is awesome as usual,but that license plate looks hideous mounted there sorry.
    Thank you sir! I hate having to have front plates but for now at least we need to here in Ohio or Pay the $100 fine. My buddy is a local Sheriff so he could likely get away without it but then he might run into a jerk of a counterpart somewhere that would say he should set the example. So he leaves his on. The tow hook mount lets him avoid putting holes in the bumper.

I have mine mounted on the tow hook as well as I don't like it blocking the intercooler and the look of my RS4 Grill.
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

White is not an easy color to manipulate into giving up the gloss but you sir made it happen! Nice work!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm curious, why is it that the owner didn't mount the license plate front & center? Is it because he didn't want any holes drilled into the grill? So he instead chose to drill holes into the white painted bumper? I agree with GSKR, that decision turned out looking pretty hideous. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I'm curious, why is it that the owner didn't mount the license plate front & center? Is it because he didn't want any holes drilled into the grill? So he instead chose to drill holes into the white painted bumper? I agree with GSKR, that decision turned out looking pretty hideous. Lol.

Yes, it's so he didn't have to drill into the bumper. The mount that it's on is called a tow hook. On our cars as well as many others, there's a cover that pops off where you can thread a tow hook onto and aftermarket companies make brackets to use for license plates.

I have one on my car too and don't think it looks too bad. In my case I have the Euro RS4 Grill and the mounting of a plate over it looks far worse IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Knocked out a full correction and coating on a fellow Audi S4 Owners car

Looking at it from that angle it appears impossible to mount a front license plate in the "correct" location on that car? What the heck?

Who makes Audi? The Germans? If so, how the heck did they overlook this during all the "years of German research"?Knocked out a full correction and coating on a fellow Audi S4 Owners carlol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

For my S5 I also didn't want to drill into my bumper cover and didn't like the one for a plate that didn't have the chrome accent strips or the tow hook option so I got a hideaway even tho I always keep it exposed. I think it looks better than the other options. here is a photo with it exposed and hid.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast