autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

2008 Porsche 911 4S, Ultimate Exterior package, CQuartz Finest application, wheels off coating, and headlight restoration

This vehicle was recently purchased by a good client of mine and he was originally considering having it repainted due to the heavy pitting, swirls, and deep scratches. When I evaluated the car with him it was definitely heavily pitted with several RIDS, so painting was a consideration for sure, but factoring in the issues that go along with a repaint, not to mention the cost of around $10k to do it right, the owner decided to see what I could do with it first. I’ll let you be the judge, but I think it’s safe to say he made the right decision and saved himself a lot of money in the process.

Process:

Wash – Meguiar’s Hyper Wash and natural lamb’s wool mitt, Decon with IronX.
    Wheels & Callipers – Sonax Wheel Cleaner Plus & various brushes, coated with OCP
    Tires - Cleaned with Megs D143 and Tuf-Shine brush. Dressed with Megs Hyper Dressing 3:1
    Paint Prep – Griot’s Fast Surface Prep Mitt and Glide as lube
    Paint Correction – KBM205MF method on the G15, many areas require 2 polishing cycles. This was followed by Hyper Polish on the G15 with yellow BOSS pads. Tight areas were done with the Rupes LHR75. Rear bumper cover received some wet sanding and was first compounded with M100 on the rotary and Solo wool pads due the paint hardness.
    HLR – Progressive sanding followed by application of a UV headlight coating. (Contact David Sylican for products)
    Coating prep – Eraser/IPA wipe down
    Coating – 2 coats CQuartz Finest, IR cured
    Exhaust tips – Optimum Metal Polish
    Glass – Megs D120 and Griot’s PFM glass towels

Before Pics

Wing was removed for better access. Had some water spot etching on the bottom side.

After pics

Owner had me apply the newly paint emblems too, love the look it adds.

Thanks for looking,
    Rasky
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2008 Porsche 911 4S, Ultimate Exterior package, CQuartz Finest application, wheels off coating, and headlight restoration

Beautiful work Chad. The new garage looks great !!!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2008 Porsche 911 4S, Ultimate Exterior package, CQuartz Finest application, wheels off coating, and headlight restoration

Hey Chad - another outstanding job of bringing a sweet ride back to life. Also love the new lift and your new garage. Your game has really gone to the next level. Keep up the great work and thanks for posting and educating/inspiring the weekend enthusiasts like me.

Post Thanks / Like

Another killer job my friend! Looks showroom new!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice work and save! Looks great!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Great save Chad. That Porsche looks dripping wet now!

Post Thanks / Like

What an incredible result. I always though that Porsche owners were supposed to incredibly finicky. But I guess the previous owner was just to busy having fun driving it.

If I attempted that job I would have spent two weekends on it. How long did it take you to get that level of result?

Post Thanks / Like

Outstanding work mate, the results are breath taking! Some of those photos it looks like its chrome . . . super deep finish. Great post, thanks for sharing.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Dude...holy you know what....that's awesome! That owner should have gave you a hug and a steak dinner afterwards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast