autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Used Meguiar's Ultimate Compoud to get rid of fingernail scratches

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman View Post
    Meguiar's does indeed make great products.

Lots of people, including myself, complain about one popular product dusting, M105. While that is true, it still does it's job. It finishes nicely and when a work horse is needed that'll finish nearly lsp ready, M105 cuts like a beast. If you need cut and fast, then no need to look any further than Meguiar's M-line-up of products.
    I've used M105 with a wool pad on a rotary buffer, and it was awesome! Cut and finished beautifully. On the random orbit I get a lot of dust. If I'm in sun, or the ambient temperature is hot, high humidity, etc it can be troublesome to work with. M100 on the other hand.... Well, I have a gallon of it sitting on the shelf.

Post Thanks / Like

Grunt work like below will turn any compound to dust....whether the dust is from the compound or oxidized abraded paint doesn't matter...
    http://www.autogeekonline.net/galler...lblazer_26.jpg

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ailblazer.html

...might as well call for the work horse...and Meguiar's has a great selection of work horse compounds...probably the best selection. With a project like the above any brand will show its quirks...as did 3M and Meguiar's during this job...but both did the job and finished superbly.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't tried M100 yet...don't even own it. However, richy's technique for M105 could probably be modified enough to work in the sun since a water dampened pad is involved. Do a search for his M105 video. I actually used his technique some with that project when I compounded the doors out in the sun.

Don't get me wrong, I totally understand how quirky m105 can be...and will be...and even was on the above project...but how many more times would I have had to went over that suv to get those results from another brand entirely.

I've come to agree, more often than not, with forum member TuscaroraDave, who use lots of brands, yet when grunt work is to be done he reaches for the product/brand that affords him the fastest results. He reaches for Meguiar's. For true grunt work that is. If you have a project that isn't as bad, then you can probably get along easier picking something besides M105. I do find it's much easier to work with using a rotary than with a DA, but keep the pads clean and find your groove with it and results are stunning even if it does dust a lot.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    I've used M105 with a wool pad on a rotary buffer, and it was awesome! Cut and finished beautifully. On the random orbit I get a lot of dust. If I'm in sun, or the ambient temperature is hot, high humidity, etc it can be troublesome to work with. M100 on the other hand.... Well, I have a gallon of it sitting on the shelf.
    Dan, you don't like M100?
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Mark,
    I know you're into Griots compounds/polishes, but which Meg's compound is your favorite. I've been wanting to get some M101 and M100 to try, but I don't need gallons or quarts. Used to be able to get 16oz. samples out of detailing solutions store in California, but that site is nearly dead now barely offering 16 samples of any Meguiar's products like they used to.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    Dan, you don't like M100?
    Oh no! I mean that it's earned that coveted spot on the shelf. I pour off into 16oz bottles. I LOVE M100!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    Oh no! I mean that it's earned that coveted spot on the shelf. I pour off into 16oz bottles. I LOVE M100!
    Awesome! Gianni Dalmasi is sending me a sample of M100. I'm hope it has a lot of cut. Not to concerned about the finish as I won't 1 step with M100.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    Awesome! Gianni Dalmasi is sending me a sample of M100. I'm hope it has a lot of cut. Not to concerned about the finish as I won't 1 step with M100.
    What's nice is that it will stay wet. Imagine an amped up Ultimate Compound. That's why I bought the gallon. I probably made a mistake, because the slow season is coming, but I like knowing it's there.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123