autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Sort of a 2 for 1 Practice vehicle then the real deal

Actually did a two for one. The Santa Fe in the background has been my testing/practice vehicle . It's an '02. I've used several different products on it. HD Cut, Adapt, Megs Ultimate Polish, 105. Not all at once but different panels just screwing around seeing which one does what with different pads. I ultimately finished the whole car with Ultimate polish when I was done with the other heavier stuff. It's 14 years old, we're the only owners. Brought our 14 year old daughter home from the hospital in that car. It will be hers when she gets her license.

Anyway, The '15 Murano, which I did a 3 step on over memorial weekend (3D Adapt, Polish, then Poxy). I washed and put BF Midnight Sun Carnauba Spray wax as a drying aid.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sort of a 2 for 1 Practice vehicle then the real deal-6-19-16c-jpg   Sort of a 2 for 1 Practice vehicle then the real deal-hood2-jpg   Sort of a 2 for 1 Practice vehicle then the real deal-6-19-16e-jpg   Sort of a 2 for 1 Practice vehicle then the real deal-6-19-16b-jpg   Sort of a 2 for 1 Practice vehicle then the real deal-hood5-jpg   Sort of a 2 for 1 Practice vehicle then the real deal-hood-jpg   Sort of a 2 for 1 Practice vehicle then the real deal-6-19-16-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sort of a 2 for 1 Practice vehicle then the real deal

looks great, your daughter is lucky to have a first car that has been well takin care of...
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks visitor,

Well admittedly from a detailing standpoint I didn't do a good job. Now mechanically, that's a different story. I kept the maintenance up on that.

This car was the absolute definition of a DD. Kids in and out, gummy bears between the seats, spilled liquids, sippy cups, French fries. LOL the whole nine yards. But last year while replacing the transmission (at 109K) I took the opportunity to remove the seats and clean everything. Took out the air vents on the dash etc. Did all that while waiting for the tranny from rock auto. Also, that's when, or why I should say, we bought the Murano.

Then practicing polishing on it before doing the Murano. It cleaned up OK for a 14 year old car. It does have a couple of spots with clear coat failure (see pic) while other areas look pretty good for its age.

Replaced the stock radio with a touch screen/Bluetooth. Everything works: power windows, locks, mirrors, heated seats and mirrors, AWD, cruise control, traction control etc. Leather seats with no cracks, all gauges and interior lights works So it should be a good first car for my daughter. Thinking about sanding and having a Maaco special next summer.

Wrong forum for this next part. But anyone that has an early model Santa Fe needs to Google Sub frame assembly and rear trailing arm corrosion recalls.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sort of a 2 for 1 Practice vehicle then the real deal-0624161650-jpg   Sort of a 2 for 1 Practice vehicle then the real deal-0624161650a-jpg   Sort of a 2 for 1 Practice vehicle then the real deal-0625161410-jpg   Sort of a 2 for 1 Practice vehicle then the real deal-0625161411-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

That's great!

I use Ultimate Polish whenever appropriate. I love that stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

Looking good DIY!