autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griot's Garage BOSS Price Cuts So Low You'll Want to HUG Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Mp0wer View Post
    I've been looking to get a long throw for 5 months now, I wanted to wait for the reviews to come out for the new Mark ll's. I'd like to get a Rupes but the 1yr warranty scares me, I'm sure their built well but if anything happens after 1yr I'm basically screwed.

Griots offers a 2yr warranty from wear and tear and lifetime for manufacturing defects, I figure since I'm a weekend warrior I'll never end up wearing the machine out, so I'll get a nice lifetime warranty.

Hmmm decisions decisions
    keep in mind that no polisher (or any man made product for that matter) is perfect all the time and unfortunately sometimes you may run into a problem with whatever the product may be. the Griot's DA's pack some power/torque and you get all the other bonuses as well. it's peace of mind if you don't use it often because a one year warranty goes by quick...
    i am the jump starter.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by medicscott View Post
    So I have 4 Boss polishers and 2 of them broke...I must say that Griots customer service is not exceptional, it's beyond exceptional. They shipped me 2 brand new in the box units literally before I hung up the phone.

They also included various microfiber towels for me to try. Just for this alone, it's worth buying their machine. I have a Rupes on order but it hasn't arrived yet as its on back order. Let's just say I'm sort of a polisher addict.

Interesting a 50% failure rate would scare me away. Might have great customer service but your post definitely steered me away from ever considering a Boss. I prefer tools that last for years not months.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conquistador View Post
    Interesting a 50% failure rate would scare me away. Might have great customer service but your post definitely steered me away from ever considering a Boss. I prefer tools that last for years not months.
    In Griots defense, the rep asked I send the broken units directly to his house because of the unusual circumstance of my claim. They have had very few issues according to him, and he has no reason to lie to me.

The Boss system is amazing...I would hate for you to not get the experience based off my post. I'm a huge advocate for their new polishers. Stuff happens, and since they back it for life, you really have nothing to lose.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mp0wer View Post
    I've been looking to get a long throw for 5 months now, I wanted to wait for the reviews to come out for the new Mark ll's. I'd like to get a Rupes but the 1yr warranty scares me, I'm sure their built well but if anything happens after 1yr I'm basically screwed.

Griots offers a 2yr warranty from wear and tear and lifetime for manufacturing defects, I figure since I'm a weekend warrior I'll never end up wearing the machine out, so I'll get a nice lifetime warranty.

Hmmm decisions decisions
    I wouldn't worry too much about the Rupes. I've witnessed the hellish torture David Fermani from HD Car Care, in Detroit's guys put those machines through. Every day too... I had no idea any machine could stand up to intense production environments.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conquistador View Post
    That's not how failure rates work...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123