autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bring back the shine on our first new to us camper (gel coat)

I have many dozens of rvs running around with what I assume is the "liquid" your detailer applied. Properly applied it will last a coue years with a recoat that is very simple. Usually I put 6 coats on. The time is all in prep. Coats go quick. You will need to remove this coating if youbwant to go away from this fix. I have buffed boats and rvs for years and yes, I still do coat sometimes instead. It has its place and makes cleaning a joke. Bugs slide off. Textured gelcoat like some swim platforms I even use it. My mother has it on her 90's rv that was florida baked. Two years traveling and it still looks and cleans unbelieve. It could be considered a bandaid but it has its place. I do a lot of them this way. Especially for consigment stuff. I actually think for owners in AZ or FL that will never wax it may be a better option. Certainly faster and I get very good margins. I do both buffing and coating for some loval dealers, depending on situation.

Anyway, to remover go get some zep floor stripper. It will remove the product much easier than any other method. Then you can follow Mike and Jeffs advice to restore gelcoat.

Post Thanks / Like

any updates on this?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Craddock View Post
    I have many dozens of rvs running around with what I assume is the "liquid" your detailer applied. Properly applied it will last a coue years with a recoat that is very simple. Usually I put 6 coats on. The time is all in prep. Coats go quick. You will need to remove this coating if youbwant to go away from this fix. I have buffed boats and rvs for years and yes, I still do coat sometimes instead. It has its place and makes cleaning a joke. Bugs slide off. Textured gelcoat like some swim platforms I even use it. My mother has it on her 90's rv that was florida baked. Two years traveling and it still looks and cleans unbelieve. It could be considered a bandaid but it has its place. I do a lot of them this way. Especially for consigment stuff. I actually think for owners in AZ or FL that will never wax it may be a better option. Certainly faster and I get very good margins. I do both buffing and coating for some loval dealers, depending on situation.

Anyway, to remover go get some zep floor stripper. It will remove the product much easier than any other method. Then you can follow Mike and Jeffs advice to restore gelcoat.
    What is the coating you speak of? It is winter here now and everything is in the barn.

No update yet. I just received my needed products to start polishing in the coming weeks. Seeing the results of the spray and forget I am a little unsure as to how to proceed. In test spots it is doing something remarkable. Question is, how will it hold up or will it cause any harm?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by solar07 View Post
    What is the coating you speak of? It is winter here now and everything is in the barn.

No update yet. I just received my needed products to start polishing in the coming weeks. Seeing the results of the spray and forget I am a little unsure as to how to proceed. In test spots it is doing something remarkable. Question is, how will it hold up or will it cause any harm?
    Its called the zep treatment .....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thenissanguy View Post
    I was under impression we couldn't mention other products not sold here. Try to respect that. Poliglow and vertglass have uv inhibitors. I have used them all. On my personal boat I use it just below water line as we have a lake with very stained water. No wax or sealent will allow hull to be washed off without Muratic acid. I clean hulls on 19 ft boats for $200. Almost $100/hr but caustic ####. The coating is amazing with this water.

I buy compounds for gel in bulk containers not sold on here so I will not discuss that. Auto geek doesnt sell a vertglass or poli glow type product so I think it was ok to answer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thenissanguy View Post
    As in, ZEP High Traffic Floor Finish?
    Lydia's Mobile Detailing
    Professional Detailing since 2007
    Green 1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 & Silver 2007 Honda ST1300

Post Thanks / Like

I remember a few years ago on a RV site the rage was Red Devil floor wax and people were raving about it. With in 6 months the Red Devil started peeling and the posts went from raves to how do i get this stuff off as my RV looks terrible. People do some strange things.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Craddock View Post
    I was under impression we couldn't mention other products not sold here. Try to respect that. Poliglow and vertglass have uv inhibitors. I have used them all. On my personal boat I use it just below water line as we have a lake with very stained water. No wax or sealent will allow hull to be washed off without Muratic acid. I clean hulls on 19 ft boats for $200. Almost $100/hr but caustic ####. The coating is amazing with this water.

I buy compounds for gel in bulk containers not sold on here so I will not discuss that. Auto geek doesnt sell a vertglass or poli glow type product so I think it was ok to answer

So are you reccomending the vert or poli? Trying to follow. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LydiaGP View Post
    As in, ZEP High Traffic Floor Finish?
    Yea thats it .... its pretty popular on the rv forums

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast