autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

DA recommendations

Hi All,

Lots of great information on this forum. I have been reading for weeks.
    I am hoping to buy a da polished soon and was hoping to get some advise to make a educated purchase.
    This will be my first polished and I am wanting to get something of a universal polished.
    I currently own a 06 tundra with white paint that is con contaminated and oxidized . I would to buy a nanoskin polished kit and clean the surface. Not sure if I want to much correction right now due to budget.
    I would also to use a carpet/upholstery brush on this polished as well.
    My thought is this da will be smaller universal tool that I can use for multiple tasks then buy a flex 3401 or a rupes 15 down the road as money allows. Then I will have the 2 for different applications 😊 .
    I don't want to worry about cost of tools I want to buy the best the first time around and have no regrets .
    What do you all think would be the best all around da considering what I am trying to do?
    Thanks in advance for any advice.

Chad

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DA recommendations

Look into the griots da. Lots of power. Should be the only da you will need. If you need/want more then later you can step up to a flex or rupes.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...age-6-rop.html

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what your budget might be, BUT it might be a good idea for you to check your local Craigslist ads for any DA polishers.
    I purchased a brand new PC 7424XP that had never been used for just $100.00.
    If you look around you'll be surprised at the discounted prices. It wouldn't hurt to start out with something used either. Just make sure it works properly before committing to purchase.
    The Finishing Touch Auto Detail, LLC
    Serving Austin, TX | San Antonio, TX | Portfolio | Reviews | Contact Us

Post Thanks / Like

If you look for it you can find Advance Auto coupons online that allow you to purchase a new Griot's for $100 with lifetime warranty that can do anything you throw at it with the right pads and products.

Post Thanks / Like
    i am the jump starter.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the responses. I didn't even think of craigslist. The other one I was thinking of was the rupes duetto but I wasn't sure if the nanoskin or the brush attachments would fit on it.
    I'm going to look on craigslist now 😊
    Thank you.
    Chad

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chad215 View Post
    Thank you for the responses. I didn't even think of craigslist. The other one I was thinking of was the rupes duetto but I wasn't sure if the nanoskin or the brush attachments would fit on it.
    I'm going to look on craigslist now ��
    Thank you.
    Chad
    chad, buy the GG6 once and you will be covered with (lifetime warranty) no worries. both AG and GG have great customer service and you will have piece of mind...
    i am the jump starter.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    chad, buy the GG6 once and you will be covered with (lifetime warranty) no worries. both AG and GG have great customer service and you will have piece of mind...
    Thank you, I wasn't able to find a griots on craigslist. A couple pc 7424xp came up that looked to be in good shape but not really good deals when I factor in gas and time to go pick them up.
    Should I get a 6" or a 5" gg?

Post Thanks / Like

Griot's only sells 3 and 6 inch DA's.......however to maximize the GG6's cutting/polishing potential is to swap the factory 6 inch backing plate for a 5 inch plate to use 5.5 inch pads. I now only use 5.5 inch on mine. Go for the 5 inch setup and you will NOT be disappointed!

Post Thanks / Like

You will get different opinions on what is the best DA. The Flex 3401 is a smooth fast correcting polisher that will correct paint quickly if you use it right. The GG6" is a good machine that will correct just a good as a Flex. Again technique is what will determine the correction capability.

The pros of the GG6" is the cost, use of any DA backing Plate and the warranty. The con's are the 6" backing plate. You need to get a 5" backing plate.

The choice is yours. As stated in another thread "I am a Machine Junkie".

As I have PC,GG3" ,GG6" and the Flex 3401 (2 of the flex ) with various backing plates and brushes.

Go with what you can afford and what your future needs will be.

Ed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast