autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dumb for first polisher?

I currently use my porter cable but looking to upgrade to a 2nd polisher and have the PC for 3" backing plate. Torn on what one to upgrade too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Every_detail View Post
    I currently use my porter cable but looking to upgrade to a 2nd polisher and have the PC for 3" backing plate. Torn on what one to upgrade too.
    I'm kind of in the same boat. I find the Griots Boss machines to be very interesting, if you can wade through the wailing and moaning of the Rupes guys. Both of the new Flex machines seem kinda "Eh" to me, and of course the MkII Rupes offerings are top notch.

It's a buyers market, for sure!

Post Thanks / Like

You can achieve the same results with a griots following with good products than spending 300 dollars on a rupes. So buy the griots and spend the extra on polishes etc.

Post Thanks / Like

It sure is a buyers market! I haven't even seen anyone mention the Torq polisher with a 21 mm throw. There are more polishers on the market than ever, it would be hard to make a wrong choice. Right now, it seems, there is something for everyone in every price range. Now if we can get those pad prices to drop...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Every_detail View Post
    I'm in the market for a second PC. Like a moron, I sold my extra one over the summer.... Bad move.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it's dumb... Then again for my first polisher I'm considering the Rupes 15 and Mini... I've even gone as far to consider the 21/mini combo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buddy01 View Post
    I know most people, or atleast a decent amount of people start off with a PC or a Griots or maybe even now the new Meguiars polisher. I want to purchase my first polisher soon and have been doing a lot of research. I was set on getting the Griots for their wonderful lifetime warranty BUT after seeing on YouTube the new Rupes coming out I instantly wondered. I see a lot of great remarks when it comes to Rupes, so my thought was why not start off on the perfect machine? so my question to you guys is; is it dumb of me to start off on a Rupes? Should I go the route most people have with a PC or something in that nature?
    You'll still need something for smaller pads. Also a 15mm throw polisher can make the whole keeping the pad rotating harder for sone new people.

I firmly believe everyone starting out should get a PC, GG, or similar because you can use 3"-5.5" pads and the money saved from buying two Rupes (because you need TWO polishers - 5.5" and 3") can buy you quality towels, pads (everyone who starts out never buya enough pads), and products.

UNLESS your budget is pretty much whatever you want, I say go the mentioned route.

What is your budget?
    Former professional detailer. Current medical student (class of 2023)

2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t AWD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    It sure is a buyers market! I haven't even seen anyone mention the Torq polisher with a 21 mm throw. There are more polishers on the market than ever, it would be hard to make a wrong choice. Right now, it seems, there is something for everyone in every price range. Now if we can get those pad prices to drop...
    cg's aren't known for their customer service and if you encounter a problem then what...
    i am the jump starter.

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    cg's aren't known for their customer service and if you encounter a problem then what...
    What he said there customer service is useless, they are there just to provide answers not to help you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NextLevelDtail View Post
    What he said there customer service is useless, they are there just to provide answers not to help you.
    IMO customer service is just as important as the product(s) themselves. more companies should take tips/notice (good business practice) from companies like AG and GG to name a few who are tops...
    i am the jump starter.

11. Likes RiverDog liked this post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast