autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes Visits Autogeek

Can't wait for the official specs, models and write up. Will order one as soon as the 230v models are available. I'm certain its not just a bump in power, Rupes innovates so the shifting of goal posts once again is expected.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post

That's what we were working with all day long today. I think Todd said this project is the first to use the new tools in the U.S.

I cover these in my new how-to book too. See sig-line.

To my knowledge Mike, this was the first time the tools have been used on any project outside of RUPES USA in the US. I have no idea what the crazy Europeans have done

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyGXP View Post
    I hear it's suppose to have more power than any DA on the market, but before Rupes said anything over 500 watt was overkill? Guess they have to keep up with the trends!
    You are confusing consumption with power output. Watts is a somewhat meaningful number for electricians and guys who need to make sure you have enough power supply to run appliances. One thing it is NOT is a measure of actually power.

The example I used in another thread is still relative here: Take a modern Stingray with the LS1 and a 1970 Stingray with the original LS-1. The modern engine produces 450 NET horsepower power and can manage almost 30 mpg. The original produced 370 GROSS horsepower (probably 320ish net) and on a good day, downhill, could manage about 12 mpg.

The Mk II is not only more powerful (torque delivered to the shaft) but also maintains a very high degree of efficiency. The random orbital movement is a very efficient movement. Shoving too much power into the motor and not using it efficiently only wastes power and does nothing but produce heat. It's the torque delivered to the shaft that counts

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Here's a before picture, this car was buffed out using a wool pad and a rotary buffer.

Here's the crew...

Todd Helme, Mike Phillips and Alberto Quiroscabrera

I'll post a full write-up and all the before and after pictures in a few days

In my head I always imagine that I'm far less goofy looking and have a better tan...

Thank you so much Mike, Meghan, Jason and the rest of Autogeek for having us, it was really fun to see my old friends and get to polish another project together. What a great time!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    Looking forward to it.

Quick... Is Asia ready to copy this machine??? Was there time enough to recoup the $$$ from the last copy???

Take notes. Rupes is bringing out something new.

I saw an Australian knock off of a Rupes Mini. Lolz. Of course - it was used and for sale.

Thankfully, there is an innovative company like Rupes pushing the envelope and technology.
    All that hype died down, your right the leader is leading once again.....

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan@RUPES View Post

Beautiful transformation guys... that paint looks stunning after a nice polish at the hands of some skilled dudes with a high quality system

Thanks Dylan...

This was also the car Sylvester Stallone used in the movie Cobra. I figured cool car plus Sylvester Stallone is also known as the Itialian Stallion so it all kind of gels...

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! paint looks awesome Mike, from scoured to beautiful color!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd@RUPES View Post
    You are confusing consumption with power output. Watts is a somewhat meaningful number for electricians and guys who need to make sure you have enough power supply to run appliances. One thing it is NOT is a measure of actually power.

The example I used in another thread is still relative here: Take a modern Stingray with the LS1 and a 1970 Stingray with the original LS-1. The modern engine produces 450 NET horsepower power and can manage almost 30 mpg. The original produced 370 GROSS horsepower (probably 320ish net) and on a good day, downhill, could manage about 12 mpg.

The Mk II is not only more powerful (torque delivered to the shaft) but also maintains a very high degree of efficiency. The random orbital movement is a very efficient movement. Shoving too much power into the motor and not using it efficiently only wastes power and does nothing but produce heat. It's the torque delivered to the shaft that counts
    FWIW - the C7 Stingray powerplant is the LT1, the LS1 died with the C5, replaced by the LS2, then the LS3 which spawned the LS7 and LS9.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan@RUPES View Post
    FWIW - the C7 Stingray powerplant is the LT1, the LS1 died with the C5, replaced by the LS2, then the LS3 which spawned the LS7 and LS9.

1) I meant LT1 and LT-1

2) Are you even holding a RUPES in your profile picture?

#winning

Post Thanks / Like

LHR75E... thanks for noticing

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast