autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes or Griots Boss?

Quote Originally Posted by KMG View Post
    They include the washer for the mod because even though most of us will do it, it is not required. Most will do it as it will cut quicker due to the faster rotation. However for the average Joe that is not trying to achieve the maximum amount of cut quicker will probably not do this. I actually doubled up the washers on my G21 after talking with Jeff and the thing rotates like crazy now.
    I can understand that, but wouldn't even a noobie want faster correction?

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

They include the washer for the mod because even though most of us will do it, it is not required. Most will do it as it will cut quicker due to the faster rotation. However for the average Joe that is not trying to achieve the maximum amount of cut quicker will probably not do this. I actually doubled up the washers on my G21 after talking with Jeff and the thing rotates like crazy now.
    The G21 is a serious machine and a person. That doesn't know the the technique can damage the paint if they don't know what there doing.

This machine can generate a lot of heat in a hurry, as it is unlikely. For a person that does not know what there doing, the no washer is a safer alternative.

The machine is easy to work and does the work for you.

And still gets amazing results with no washer.

However even in the Boss videos explained by Jeff brown the G21 is a professional tool and is to be taken serious.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ski2 View Post
    The washer that comes with the unit is a little thin--you can make one yourself with a thicker washer from the hardware store. I called Griot's customer service and they sent me two additional washers for my G15--I only needed two, but it made a big difference.
    I called customer service about 2 weeks back and asked about if they changed the washer since release.( this I heard) and the woman I spoke to didnt seem to know anything about it. And said no one has called with any problems.

Mine almost seems like its tilted. So it free spins for a second or so then stops. on one edge of it it still touches.

Overall I love the G21. Going to look into a new washer.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910