autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: iBrid Owners - Questions here...

The blue pads suck and I love Rupes products. Throw them away and buy some microfiber pads from LC or CarPro or cut down some Meg's pads. The blue pads suffer from the same open cell problems as the 6 and 7 inch Rupes regular blue pads. The Polish is good though.

It's a waste of time trying to use the adhesive sandpaper to sand headlights. The paper is used for denibbing or tiny spot correction. I hope you did not buy the Nano just to use on headlights. You would have been better off buying the Rupes Mini and buying 3 inch sanding discs.

The nano is a great tool but it's not made for newer detailer.

Post Thanks / Like

Love the brush set up doing mats real quick and interiors except leather.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    virtually impossible doing headlights with that,especially wet the disc flys off the machine.
    That answers that. I usually sand by hand but was curious. Doesn't appear the sanding discs will have much use then.

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    The blue pads suck and I love Rupes products.
    Sad to hear. Second part of the full kit that doesn't appear to have much use.

It's a waste of time trying to use the adhesive sandpaper to sand headlights. The paper is used for denibbing or tiny spot correction. I hope you did not buy the Nano just to use on headlights. You would have been better off buying the Rupes Mini and buying 3 inch sanding discs. The nano is a great tool but it's not made for newer detailer.
    No I didn't buy it for headlights. I bought it for small / tight areas as a polisher vs doing them by hand. I normally sand headlights by hand as it doesn't take much. I hit them with 1500 then 3000 then polish. They are pretty simple but was just curious if it would work. Overall, I've been detailing cars for over 25yrs just not for money until about one year ago.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad to see others have the same feelings about the Rupe's Blue pads. I was criticized for questioning the bigger pads earlier.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    I'm glad to see others have the same feelings about the Rupe's Blue pads. I was criticized for questioning the bigger pads earlier.
    That's disappointing to hear overall. I'm going to try them with various products of course but at the same time investigate options in order to be prepared to replace them. If the yellow work well as others said, that's a good thing. The white ones I'll likely order to try out. Sanding disc wise, it may not be something I can use then as I don't do any fresh paint work nor do I think I need any motorized sanding on any other paint. Scratches I tend to tape off and hit by hand given the danger of damaging the clear. I feel I have scratch removal and blending of touch up down-pat and get get nearly 95-100% blend pretty easily.
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

In the effort to get my TA's completely dialed in, I have been using the long neck with 1" yellow pads & Keramik on the tail lights to eliminate swirls. As an alternative, I tried a blue 1" pad with the Zephir polish. Absolutely no difference in swirl removal. They both get the job done beautifully on the black plastic.

Super Member CarolinasFinestDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel the iBid is an amazing tool. But I would like to see a plane jane kit. Just the actual tool, backing plates, battery, and charger. I don't need the pads, towels, polishes, bag, or brushes.
    Carolina`s Finest Detailing - Charlotte areas preferred CQuartz Finest Reserve & GTECHNIQ Crystal Serum Ultra coating center. STEK/Suntek PPF
    www.Carolinasfinestdetailing.me

Post Thanks / Like

Well I've come back to say that after a handful of weeks practicing and using the unit for details that I'm happy. Much more so than initially. It definitely takes a very light touch and consistent focus on keeping the pad flat. I have since used it to spot-correct several areas on my wife's van whereby I can tell she's rubbed it hard with her purse likely exiting the vehicle in the garage. She has a tendency to park too close to the wall in fear of hitting my car. LOL though as there's like 2-3ft between mine and hers if she parks it correctly.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm anxious to try the 1 & 2" Lake Country force pads on mine,just need the rain to quit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Whitewater25 View Post
    I'm anxious to try the 1 & 2" Lake Country force pads on mine,just need the rain to quit.
    I'll be interested to see how they work.
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast