autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 21 Mark II with 5 inch BP?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    1 the main reasons I'm happy I ended up with a Boss G21.
    I'll have to second that, though I'm the owner of a Rupes LHR15, Duetto and Mini, I have a G21 and run it with a Griot's 5" interchangeable backing plate.

It's the machine I used to do this Z:

G21 with Griot's 5' BP
    2014 Nissan 370 Z Griots G21 HD Adapt 7 HD Poxy
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RPM_BR View Post
    I have a 21 ES, and when I put the 5in BP, it becomes a pad eater.
    Obviously increases cut, it is like a turbo mode, but a lot more vibration as well, especially sideways vibration.
    In mf pad, it generates such a heat that the pad's foam interface melts inside, like b&s black mf pad without center hole.
    The Rupes 6in pads on a 5in BP on a 21 becomes convexed, and the center hole opens up like a cone, if you insist in using it. The Velcro durability shortens as well.
    Rupes engineers were right when they decided the relation of offset and BP size, spot on.
    I'm considering buying a 15 MKII, so I can use 6in pads.
    Or buying a Chinese knock off, unfortunately, because a Rupes 15MKII will cost me 1000 bucks .
    Best regards
    What speed are were you using the machine. I have never had that issue running a 5" backing plate on the 21MKII. I have also never run the machine higher than a 3

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by refreshauto View Post
    What speed are were you using the machine. I have never had that issue running a 5" backing plate on the 21MKII. I have also never run the machine higher than a 3
    My question is based upon that why have a machine that has a dial that goes above 3 if it's going to eat pads?

This constant want and our demand for more power has lead Rupes to make machines that you can't run BTTW (B*lls to the Walls) as we said in the USAF ( full afterburner) w/o eating pads or over heating. So what's the point with the increased power demand, right? I could blow out and fry pads with my 1st gen LHR15 w/o the so called needed "washer mode".

PS RF I agree with you 100%.
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    My question is based upon that why have a machine that has a dial that goes above 3 if it's going to eat pads?

This constant want and our demand for more power has lead Rupes to make machines that you can't run BTTW (B*lls to the Walls) as we said in the USAF ( full afterburner) w/o eating pads or over heating. So what's the point with the increased power demand, right? I could blow out and fry pads with my 1st gen LHR15 w/o the so called needed "washer mode".

PS RF I agree with you 100%.
    Just cause the power is there doesn't mean you have to use it at all times. You need to learn how to use the machine properly. If not you have people talking about how the machines doesn't work like it's supposed to

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if I have enough patience to run a polisher on speed 3. Doesn't it feel like driving a car @35mph. the whole time? I'd go crazy. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by refreshauto View Post
    Just cause the power is there doesn't mean you have to use it at all times. You need to learn how to use the machine properly. If not you have people talking about how the machines doesn't work like it's supposed to
    Agreed, and I'm perfectly happy with the power of my first gen Rupes 15 (w/o washer mod, no need for it if you learn/ know how to let the tool do it's job) and Duetto and Mini. So based upon my personal ownership experience Rupes really wouldn't have needed to come out with a MKII Series. So was that a reaction to customer feedback / demand for more power? I'd say yes based upon my time on this forum.
    But don't put the power there if it can't handle it (melting, blowing out pads, dusting product). That's like saying don't sell me a Vette, Ferrari, Porsche, Nissan GTR , etc. and tell me to run it in third gear or it might have adverse effects LOL.
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Most of the comments are by those that don't own MKII's and the comments couldn't be more inaccurate as they based on hear say and not personal experience. I own ES and MKII models and have no issues with pad eating/overheating. The speed/torque of the MKII is spot on, rotary like cutting power with a finish that's rivaled by no other polisher on the planet. I own Flex's so I know. User error are the issue,don't use a Rupes like a caveman(pressure)and it works flawlessly. Finesse is lacking with those stalling the MKII and eating pads.

The MKII's are the fastest correcting, smoothest,most comfortable, reliable, premium built polishers in existence. USER ERROR USER ERROR USER ERROR is to blame yet we get people who don't own MKII's yet constantly repeating inaccurate sentiments from those who dont know how to use a polisher or lack skill in general.

Post Thanks / Like

@Zubair. So you've never had a problem with the Rupes 21 MKll eating pads when using the 5" backing plate eh? Only happens to people who lack skill you say? Cmon man.. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to insult you, but cmon...

Quote Originally Posted by Zubair View Post
    The above response is correct but I find my 15 bp on my 21 MKII to have considerably more vibration and eats pads. I'm sticking to the larger bp on my 21 as it feels right.
    What kind of pads has it eaten?
    The OEM Rupes 6" Blue and Green pads. The same pads had far less wear on my 15 after a couple of cars then just a panel on the 21 with 5" bp. The 21 with the intended 6" bp doesn't abuse pads though and is really smooth. I'm too afraid to mess something up as it vibrates and doesn't sound right with the 15 bp on the 21. Gimme a couple of minutes so I can do the free air vibration test with the 5" bp and 5.5 " ThinPro pads as requested and report back.

Post Thanks / Like

21 Mark II with 5 inch BP?

The speed/torque of the MKII is spot on, rotary like cutting power with a finish that's rivaled by no other polisher on the planet.
    Also, if the Rupes MKll "produces a finish that's rivaled by no other polisher on the planet"
    ... Then how the heck did this car turn out so good that it won a bunch of awards including:
    Best Paint
    Best in class
    Billet Specialties Top 20
    +more... after being polished with a mere Porter Cable? I'm sure there were several cars there that were polished with a Rupes, how come they didn't win the award for "Best Paint" if the finish produced by a Rupes is "rivaled by no other polisher on the planet"?

21 Mark II with 5 inch BP?-imageuploadedbyagonline1477902453-388697-jpg

21 Mark II with 5 inch BP?-imageuploadedbyagonline1477902474-673650-jpg

... It's great to have a quality polisher, but it's not a magic wand... A quality finish can be produced by just about any DA polisher as long as the person using it is competent enough to know how to use it.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

@Zubair. So you've never had a problem with the Rupes 21 MKll eating pads when using the 5" backing plate eh? Only happens to people who lack skill you say? Cmon man.. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to insult you, but cmon...
    I'm using it with the OEM 6" bp and no issues with eating pads. Also using it with the Kamakaze Beast MKII bp with no issues. Also purchasing my 15MKII today with Kamakaze Katana MKII bp so can report back on that. One day when you own a Rupes MKII you will understand, till then you donot have any experience with them so its just hear say from your side. Would you comment on a polish or wax that you yourself have never used or owned?

Save up...Buy a Rupes MKII, then your comments qualify or have some weight to them. Till then you just an uneducated, inexperienced talker on the subject of Rupes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast