autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes MKII 15 - Considering Purchasing - will GG BOSS pads work with it?

If I remember correctly, you'll be attending the competition ready class in September right? Since it's right around the corner, try to wait(says someone with no patience) until then to decide if you want to purchase it being you'll be able to have some hands on with one. If you have already had a chance to use one then disregard this message I guess lol Just a suggestion if you haven't

Post Thanks / Like

I have both LHR 15 and a G21 with a 5" BP installed on it and use the Griots pads on both. I actually prefer them over the Rupes pads on my Duetto and my LHR 15. Sorry Rupes, but that's my 2 cents on it.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    I have both LHR 15 and a G21 with a 5" BP installed on it and use the Griots pads on both. I actually prefer them over the Rupes pads on my Duetto and my LHR 15. Sorry Rupes, but that's my 2 cents on it.
    I love the BOSS MF pads and I'm planning to use them on my Rupes 15.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

The boss microfiber pads work great on the LHR15 Mark II. Other than that those are the only Griot's pads I use on my Rupes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LittleKing24 View Post
    If I remember correctly, you'll be attending the competition ready class in September right? Since it's right around the corner, try to wait(says someone with no patience) until then to decide if you want to purchase it being you'll be able to have some hands on with one. If you have already had a chance to use one then disregard this message I guess lol Just a suggestion if you haven't
    Hi LK, sadly we had a family emergency come up which will require attention in September, and plan on taking the May 2017 class.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paul_g View Post
    Hi LK, sadly we had a family emergency come up which will require attention in September, and plan on taking the May 2017 class.
    Sorry to hear about that. Hope all is well.

Post Thanks / Like

Rupes MKII 15 - Considering Purchasing - will GG BOSS pads work with it?

I'd recommend Rupes pads for many reasons that have been mentioned over and over on this forum previously.

However, I'm sure the Boss pads will work fine. Look at the Boss machine vrs Rupes - it didn't come to be by serendipity. Neither did the pads.

Also, I have the machine and love it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paul_g View Post
    Thanks Marc. Evidence is starting to mount that I should be fine... aside from balance. But given the BOSS pads have a center hole, I'm assuming that is for both heat & balance...
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    My pleasure.

You definitely will be fine with regards to the BOSS pads matching the diameter of the Rupes BP.

The Rupes pads have a center hole as well.
    I've been using the Buff and Shine Low Pro pad (they have a center hole too) on my Bigfoot 15mm and like them and I also use the LC Thin Pro pads too. I guess when I need to buy some more pads, I may try the Griot's pads as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    I use BOSS pads on my Rupes 21 all the time.
    Same here,

I use boss pads on Mark 1 21es and love it!!
    Please like my page

Jae @ ONYX Detail Garage

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

After a few months of getting use to my 15 mk2 I can pretty much use any pad/product combo with great success. There was a small learning curve but my machine never ever stalls and I don't eat up pads.

However I will say you should at least try some Rupes pads out. Even with the GG inventory you own,the Rupes system works extremely well.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast