autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

VERY Unhappy with Rupes Customer Service. Has anyone experienced this before?

Hello everyone, back in December I purchased a brand new rupes mark 2 Bigfoot lhr21 polisher. Little back story, I've owned and used an original Bigfoot rupes for a few years and have done multiple corrections with one.

In january, I did my first complete 2 stage correction using my new rupes polisher. After about 3/4's of the way through, I noticed that the polisher was getting hot. Abnormally hot. Not only was the machine hot to the touch near the head, but it was transferring heat through the center ring. I was worried maybe the lake country CCS pads I was using was causing the issue so I switched over to the rupes yellow pads. Was still having the same issue only a few passes later. Put the machine down and finished with my Porter cable. To say the least I was not impressed and I knew that there was something wrong with the machine.

I contacted the company I had purchased the machine through and explained my problem to them. They told me that I was applying to much pressure to the pads and the machine was generating to much heat. They suggested I try some long throw pads and that would fix my issue. Again, I've used plenty of rupes machines and I know that minimal pressure is needed. I figured I'd try anyways so I bought some lake country HD orbital pads.

A month later and I had another big correction. Tried the rupes. Same issue. Ok something is wrong. Pull the machine apart and there are heat scoring marks on the inside of the machine on the metal pieces that drive the machine. It sounds like a semi truck when I turn it on and it's clearly not the pads.

The company I bought the machine through has now told me to send it to a third party company that deals with rupes repairs. Now this third party company has apparently tried contacting someone named Jason from Rupes since May 1st. I myself have tried emailing rupes without a single response from anyone.

I run a very small mobile detailing business and I rely on the polisher and my main source of income. I spent a lot of money on a machine that was likely defective out of the box and doesn't work. So now I'm stuck with a polisher in limbo, a middle man and 2 companies that seemingly don't want to help. Has anyone had this issue with getting a hold of rupes for repairs or warranty work? I loved the machine but I'm beginning to dislike the company.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: VERY Unhappy with Rupes Customer Service. Has anyone experienced this before?

Quote Originally Posted by schwieg View Post
    Hello everyone, back in December I purchased a brand new rupes mark 2 Bigfoot lhr21 polisher. Little back story, I've owned and used an original Bigfoot rupes for a few years and have done multiple corrections with one.

In january, I did my first complete 2 stage correction using my new rupes polisher. After about 3/4's of the way through, I noticed that the polisher was getting hot. Abnormally hot. Not only was the machine hot to the touch near the head, but it was transferring heat through the center ring. I was worried maybe the lake country CCS pads I was using was causing the issue so I switched over to the rupes yellow pads. Was still having the same issue only a few passes later. Put the machine down and finished with my Porter cable. To say the least I was not impressed and I knew that there was something wrong with the machine.

I contacted the company I had purchased the machine through and explained my problem to them. They told me that I was applying to much pressure to the pads and the machine was generating to much heat. They suggested I try some long throw pads and that would fix my issue. Again, I've used plenty of rupes machines and I know that minimal pressure is needed. I figured I'd try anyways so I bought some lake country HD orbital pads.

A month later and I had another big correction. Tried the rupes. Same issue. Ok something is wrong. Pull the machine apart and there are heat scoring marks on the inside of the machine on the metal pieces that drive the machine. It sounds like a semi truck when I turn it on and it's clearly not the pads.

The company I bought the machine through has now told me to send it to a third party company that deals with rupes repairs. Now this third party company has apparently tried contacting someone named Jason from Rupes since May 1st. I myself have tried emailing rupes without a single response from anyone.

I run a very small mobile detailing business and I rely on the polisher and my main source of income. I spent a lot of money on a machine that was likely defective out of the box and doesn't work. So now I'm stuck with a polisher in limbo, a middle man and 2 companies that seemingly don't want to help. Has anyone had this issue with getting a hold of rupes for repairs or warranty work? I loved the machine but I'm beginning to dislike the company.
    You should have bought your Rupes from AG.
    Dylan is on the forum a lot and will probably address your problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: VERY Unhappy with Rupes Customer Service. Has anyone experienced this before?

VERY Unhappy with Rupes Customer Service. Has anyone experienced this before?
    yes (don't really want to get into it), and i don't support a company who has lack luster/non-existent customer service which IMO is just as important as the product(s) themselves. buy a G15/21 (Griot's Garage CS is top notch and hassle free) next time and know that you will be taken care of if anything were to happen later down the road...
    i am the jump starter.

Mike Phillips

I contacted the company I had purchased the machine through.

Does the company you purchased your machine through have a public discussion like Autogeek offers for customer support?

If they do, did you make this same post on their forum?

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about your disappointment - sounds like you may be going down the wrong path though and if you could please let me know what distributor you purchased your tool through I'd appreciate it, b/c it sounds like they've given you incorrect information.

RUPES acquired Cyclo Toolmakers in March or 2015 and established RUPES USA, Inc. a wholly owned subsidiary of RUPES SpA that handles all customer service, fulfillment, sales, marketing, repairs, and even now manufacturing here in the USA. We have an entire office full of people available to assist with various things and most importantly REPAIRS AND WARRANTY ISSUES right here in Longmont, Colorado. If your distributor directed you to a 3rd party they sent you to the wrong contacts - we handle our repairs in house of all RUPES tools and have done so since the acquisition.

As far as who you've attempted to contact - at this time the only Jason in our organization is Jason Rose, who is in no way involved with warranty and repair questions, he is the International Director of Training. It would be highly unlikely he would get involved in something like this and honestly he is on the road so often (just returned from over 2 weeks training customers in Asia) that it would very much not be on his radar. Our customer service team (which I am responsible for overseeing) is here Monday thru Friday from 8am - 5pm MST and available via phone at (970)535-0100 or via email orders@rupesusa.com. We have 3 people (not including myself) dedicated to taking calls and servicing customers so if you need anything at all that would be the best place to start. If the tool does indeed have a defect, is in its first year of ownership, and hasn't been mistreated/modified we can repair it under warranty FOC.

Also, I check this forum almost daily as does Todd Helme - either of us could have been contacted via AGO to help you/point you in the right direction. Again, sincerely sorry your are having a difficult time, but seems you may have been talking to the wrong people. Lets get you fixed up and back on the road to polishing correctly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    yes (don't really want to get into it), and i don't support a company who has lack luster/non-existent customer service which IMO is just as important as the product(s) themselves. buy a G15/21 (Griot's Garage CS is top notch and hassle free) next time and know that you will be taken care of if anything were to happen later down the road...
    You keep chiming in with these kinds of comments - however when I asked you to contact me in private to elaborate you declined. Would still love to know exactly how our 'non-existent' customer service disappointed you and if this happened when the only contacts for the company were in Italy or if it was something that happened since we've had operations here in the US (including a dedicated staff just for customer service). Seems unfair to make blanket accusations of this nature without giving me the info or the chance to address the concern.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan@RUPES View Post
    Sorry to hear about your disappointment - sounds like you may be going down the wrong path though and if you could please let me know what distributor you purchased your tool through I'd appreciate it, b/c it sounds like they've given you incorrect information.

RUPES acquired Cyclo Toolmakers in March or 2015 and established RUPES USA, Inc. a wholly owned subsidiary of RUPES SpA that handles all customer service, fulfillment, sales, marketing, repairs, and even now manufacturing here in the USA. We have an entire office full of people available to assist with various things and most importantly REPAIRS AND WARRANTY ISSUES right here in Longmont, Colorado. If your distributor directed you to a 3rd party they sent you to the wrong contacts - we handle our repairs in house of all RUPES tools and have done so since the acquisition.

As far as who you've attempted to contact - at this time the only Jason in our organization is Jason Rose, who is in no way involved with warranty and repair questions, he is the International Director of Training. It would be highly unlikely he would get involved in something like this and honestly he is on the road so often (just returned from over 2 weeks training customers in Asia) that it would very much not be on his radar. Our customer service team (which I am responsible for overseeing) is here Monday thru Friday from 8am - 5pm MST and available via phone at (970)535-0100 or via email orders@rupesusa.com. We have 3 people (not including myself) dedicated to taking calls and servicing customers so if you need anything at all that would be the best place to start. If the tool does indeed have a defect, is in its first year of ownership, and hasn't been mistreated/modified we can repair it under warranty FOC.

Also, I check this forum almost daily as does Todd Helme - either of us could have been contacted via AGO to help you/point you in the right direction. Again, sincerely sorry your are having a difficult time, but seems you may have been talking to the wrong people. Lets get you fixed up and back on the road to polishing correctly.

I am am owner/CEO of a fairly large business and I just had to say this is an extremely impressive and professional response.

Regards,

Daryan Lenz, CEO, CFP
    Integrity Financial

Post Thanks / Like

You keep chiming in with these kinds of comments - however when I asked you to contact me in private to elaborate you declined. Would still love to know exactly how our 'non-existent' customer service disappointed you and if this happened when the only contacts for the company were in Italy or if it was something that happened since we've had operations here in the US (including a dedicated staff just for customer service). Seems unfair to make blanket accusations of this nature without giving me the info or the chance to address the concern.
    i did contact you through PM but you were busy and i don't have the time to keep calling when you're available when there is nothing that can be done about it now. rupes as a whole has left a nasty taste in my mouth and it really sucks because i wanted to own your tools and be happy with them...
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    i did contact you through PM but you were busy and i don't have the time to keep calling when you're available when there is nothing that can be done about it now. rupes as a whole has left a nasty taste in my mouth and it really sucks because i wanted to own your tools and be happy with them...

Thats unfortunate, but if you recall you didn't make any attempt to call - when I gave you my availability you stated there wasn't a reason to discuss it. Just based on the posts you continue to make its clear you still have some unresolved issue with us that I'd like to address if you'd give me the chance. For the record our PM's are copied below with my info and the message in which you declined to contact me.

My office line is 970-535-0100 x 322, but I'm not there for the remainder of the day, working on a project.
    I should be in the office tomorrow from around 9am to 1pm MST before I head out to meet with an account.

You can also email me if its easy - dylanv@rupesusa.com

Later in the week my schedule clears up and I'll have more time to chat. If you miss me leave a message and a time thats best to get back to you.
    dylan,
    after some thought there's no reason to even discuss it, it wouldn't change anything and this was even before you started working for them. take care...

Post Thanks / Like

Thats unfortunate, but if you recall you didn't make any attempt to call - when I gave you my availability you stated there wasn't a reason to discuss it. Just based on the posts you continue to make its clear you still have some unresolved issue with us that I'd like to address if you'd give me the chance. For the record our PM's are copied below with my info and the message in which you declined to contact me.
    tried calling you (x2) no answer (like previously). i've moved on, i'll still give my feedback/experience if someone asks for it. just being honest...
    i am the jump starter.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast