autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

WOW I LOVE my Rupes mk2 again!!! :)

I had to make a post for a huge thank you to everyone that came on my recent posts giving me helpful tips and help tweak my technique, i was having major pad issues with the mk2 rupes polisher and couldn't figure out why, it turns out i was making it harder than it needed to be. using different machines in the past i guess it was just second nature to apply pressure when polishing and i didn't even know it. just finishing a 2005 Jeep SRT and the machine is absolutely flawless i am in heaven!! (kind of a nerd when it comes to these things lol)

I can't begin to thank people on this forum enough i just joined yesterday to try and figure out what was wrong and the issues are gone so far already, literally night and day difference

I am floored on how useful a site like this is, thanks so much!!

Products/pads

Meguiars MF Cutting discs
    Yellow Rupes Pad

M105
    M205

Things changed:

little to no pressure what so ever (depending if needed in some spots, but most didn't)

turned speed down from 5 (compounding) to 4 tops (exact same results in the same time frame.. who woulda guessed haha)

polishing speed 3.5-4

i do switch pads still every 2 sections just to keep things cooler, and now use 5 pads to switch from

I now understand if anyone is having major issues with this machine it is mostly in the technique not the pads/product
    Taylor Shaffer
    Diamond Auto Spa

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WOW I LOVE my Rupes mk2 again!!! :)

Glad to hear it! Thanks for updating us.

Post Thanks / Like

success

Post Thanks / Like

Amen, success

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by DASTaylor View Post

Things changed:

little to no pressure what so ever (depending if needed in some spots, but most didn't)

turned speed down from 5 (compounding) to 4 tops (exact same results in the same time frame.. who woulda guessed haha)

polishing speed 3.5-4

i do switch pads still every 2 sections just to keep things cooler, and now use 5 pads to switch from

I now understand if anyone is having major issues with this machine it is mostly in the technique not the pads/product

Love seeing the members of the AGO car detailing forum helping others to be successful. This forum is actually one of the most powerful tools in your tool chest.

Also just to note, my RUPES how-to book is full of techniques for using the RUPES tools and paint polishing system successfully. On page 62 I have a list of 11 tips for ALL RUPES tools.

Here's a screenshot of page 62 and page 63 - as you can see it's no light weight when it comes to information.

And here's the specific section heading and note what the very first tip I listed in my how-to book for using the RUPES tools and paint polishing system.

I include this first tip in the Introduction of the book also because MOST people are going to come to the RUPES polishers with a background and years of experience using other dual action polishers and ALL of the other dual action polishers require you to press down firmly when using them. Not so with RUPES polishers.

The book is jam-packed FULL of information on using the tools and the RUPES as a system as a professional courtesy to the RUPES company. It's also the only how-to book ever written for their tools, pads and products. Just like my articles and replies to questiosn in the dicussion forum and facebook world tend to be in-depth and complete... so our all my how-to books.

And all the cars featured in the how-to book are cars I detailed personally using nothing but the RUPES tools, pads and products.

There are SIX pages to the index and margins are as far out as the publisher could push them!

On Autogeek.com

How to use the RUPES BigFoot Paint Polishing System
    for Production Detailing and Show Car Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

wow thanks Mike!! i will definitely grab one! it's funny you blew up the tip on forgetting everything you know about previous polishers because before i scrolled down and seen that i was skimming the page you posted in the book and laughed to my self about that specific tip haha, you are right about this page being one of the best tools! i learned that very quick!!

Thanks again!
    Taylor Shaffer
    Diamond Auto Spa

Post Thanks / Like

I want that book.😏

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I want that book.��
    I still have mine. You're more than welcome to borrow it

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

I want the book on iBooks.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post

I want that book.��
    The ebook (pdf version) is only $14.99 and just like my how my posts to the forum world are in-depth but easy to read, understand and then take the information and put it to use in your garage my writing style for my how-to books is the same.

How to use the Flex XC3401 VRG Dual Action Orbital Polisher - ebook version

Quote Originally Posted by Zubair View Post

I want the book on iBooks.
    Creating an ibook takes a lot more work and time and this is also reflected in the cost. So for now, paperback or ebook versions are available.

Mike Phillips Detailing Books

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast