autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can you put a buffing wheel on a Dewalt 949?

I am currently tackling a similar project. I'll post up some pics of my harbor freight orbital buffer and the 6" buffing wheel with an extended shaft that I made from Home depo.

Post Thanks / Like

Maneuvering an 8 lb. rotary around to polish wheels sounds like too much work for me. Just buy yourself a corded drill, most of which spin at 1600-2000 RPMs. I've done my share of wheel polishing, especially on bare aluminum wheels we use on our dirt Sprint Car, as the calcium used in track preparation is hell on aluminum.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I have an old Sioux electric 45 degree angle drill that I can use one-handed most of the time. Since wheel polishing is tough on pads, I'll use my worn full-size pads, cut down to 2 or 3 inch diameter to fit my smaller BP's.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BillyJack View Post
    Maneuvering an 8 lb. rotary around to polish wheels sounds like too much work for me. Just buy yourself a corded drill, most of which spin at 1600-2000 RPMs. I've done my share of wheel polishing, especially on bare aluminum wheels we use on our dirt Sprint Car, as the calcium used in track preparation is hell on aluminum.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I have an old Sioux electric 45 degree angle drill that I can use one-handed most of the time. Since wheel polishing is tough on pads, I'll use my worn full-size pads, cut down to 2 or 3 inch diameter to fit my smaller BP's.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Bill
    That looks a hell of a lot easier than using a full size rotary. A Mother's cone pad would work great on the tight areas.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cvjeticanin View Post
    I am currently tackling a similar project. I'll post up some pics of my harbor freight orbital buffer and the 6" buffing wheel with an extended shaft that I made from Home depo.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyJack View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Bill
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    That looks a hell of a lot easier than using a full size rotary. A Mother's cone pad would work great on the tight areas.
    I will try the smaller pads.

Link below are similar wheels in which I am polishing.

http://www.tachrev.com/JPEG_Images/S...nowflakes4.jpg

Thanks for all the replies.

Post Thanks / Like

I would greatly appreciate this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jvamagic View Post
    I would greatly appreciate this.
    Here are pics of my setup. It worked great for me last year when I polished up my lips. I bought all the pieces from home depot.

I hope this helps!

Post Thanks / Like

Here are pics of my setup. It worked great for me last year when I polished up my lips. I bought all the pieces from home depot.

I hope this helps!
    Very cool idea, maybe I'm missing something, but what protects the surface from the center bolt?

Post Thanks / Like

I have only used this setup while polishing out my outer lips. I didn't have any interference issues. I suppose you could use something like Plasti-dip to coat the bare metal parts of the bolt head and the nuts and put a PVC pipe over the threaded area to protect from any accidental rubbing issues that could occur. Maybe i'll do this in the future but for now this got the job done.

Post Thanks / Like

That is very similar to the adapter I mentioned except it is a bit longer. The one I got was $5 so I'm guessing they are about the same in price. Nice work!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12