autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: 4 Part Process Still Has Swirls?

Oh yeah, after I left her place, look what I had to drive down up in the hills to my familes ranch. Think I'm a happy camper when I have to drive my vehicle there? NOT

Stephen R. Hollon, Jr
    Pearland, TX
    (956) 357-7696 – Cell/Text / srhtx@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 4 Part Process Still Has Swirls?

woah was that crack in the windshield there before?! what happen!!??!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 87rx7chick View Post
    woah was that crack in the windshield there before?! what happen!!??!!
    Yes. My Mazda has TWO cracks in the windshield. It's called the state & counties down here never clean up the expressway. There are so many construction trucks driving on all the roads down here that they never have a tarp over them so crap is always on the roads. I'm sure you get the point.

btw - did you join the Texas Mazda Club?
    Stephen R. Hollon, Jr
    Pearland, TX

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SRHTX View Post
    Yes. My Mazda has TWO cracks in the windshield. It's called the state & counties down here never clean up the expressway. There are so many construction trucks driving on all the roads down here that they never have a tarp over them so crap is always on the roads. I'm sure you get the point.

btw - did you join the Texas Mazda Club?
    no mazda club yet. i been to busy with holidays and cleaning house and eating left overs.

btw , im looking for a used flex lol, if you know any one. of course no one is going to be selling their flex, since its such an awesome tool

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck on finding a used Flex.

btw - how is the paint looking on the RX-7? I went by to see Anthony & Ron on Friday but, they were closed.
    Stephen R. Hollon, Jr
    Pearland, TX

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SRHTX View Post
    Good luck on finding a used Flex.

btw - how is the paint looking on the RX-7? I went by to see Anthony & Ron on Friday but, they were closed.
    paint looks great, it looks like i didnt work enough on one headlight but other then that i'm ready for 205 and finalizing, heck i dont even know if i will need 205, i'll bring it buy anthony with all my black friday goodies and see what he says. i bought 6 different type of lake countery buff pads including the foam/wool you let me use, the purple one!
    i think i orderd 2 orange one white one green and 2 gray.. i think, forget though!!!

i'll know on friday when the items come in.
    Last edited by 87rx7chick; 11-30-2009 at 12:22 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

update.

got my flex in on friday. had some time finally today to test out my new toys,

since i used 105 with LC purple wool/foam pad i didnt have much of anything to really correct, while in my garage under fluro lights i noticed some haze surrounding the lights so i knew i needed to follow up with the next step, but there were no concerning swirls/spiderweb marks or even any noticeable trace of 105 OR the wool pad!!!

i used 205 with green LC ccs as directed on bottle. 3 heavy passes and 2-3 lighter passes.

i am working in the garage due to the weather, cold, foggy, damp and just miserable outside. after doing test area with green and 205 i was very pleased. the "hazing" around the fluro light reflection was cut in half and almost completely gone!!! the paint looked much deeper in color and i fell in love all over again!!!!

products that i have to follow up with are as follows(yes i know some of them do the same job):

poor boys polish and seal (came with flex)
    poor boys EX-P (came with flex)
    opti-poli-seal
    meguiars NXT 2.0 "wax"
    3m show car paste wax

i thought to my self "wow i dont have a glaze i'm missing a step"

so today i went to autozone. i remember them having a profesional line product from meguiars, the light tan bottle. but i forgot what product they had so i went down there with my fingers crossed.

sure enough they had #7 show car glaze!!!!!!!!! i was so so happy that i could pick some up since i dont have enough time before the show to order black hole or pinical cleansing lotion or any of the amazing products available for this glazing step pre-seal/pre-wax, post polish

so my next step is to use the #7 show glaze, then follow up with sealer (pb ex-p, pb polish and seal or opti-poly-seal) then follow up with a wax (3m show car paste wax or nxt)

unfortunatly only pads i have are orange, white, green, black.

so i could apply glaze with green or black, and then apply the seal with black, and apply the wax by hand or with black

NOTE :
    i know there are better products out there and yes i will buy them as well as more LC pads, but right now this is what i have and what i have done already!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: 4 Part Process Still Has Swirls?

Your welcome.

btw - it's not "that cold" there. I see it's about 55 there right now (5PM) where it's 74 down here. It will be in the 60s around Tuesday thru the rest of the week. You will be able to practice some more on the RX-7.
    Stephen R. Hollon, Jr
    Pearland, TX

Post Thanks / Like

it was 49 outside my house and it was 55 in my garage but i got it up to 60, its chilly to me and the fog/moisture in the air made it difficult to use detail spray. i left condensation on the paint every time my hand touched too.

55 may not be "cold" to alot of people. but it is a bit chilly to me. so i worked in the garage.

btw please read my above thread #67 i'd really love some feed back
    Quote Originally Posted by 87rx7chick View Post

so my next step is to use the #7 show glaze, then follow up with sealer (pb ex-p, pb polish and seal or opti-poly-seal) then follow up with a wax (3m show car paste wax or nxt)

unfortunatly only pads i have are orange, white, green, black.

so i could apply glaze with green or black, and then apply the seal with black, and apply the wax by hand or with black

NOTE :
    i know there are better products out there and yes i will buy them as well as more LC pads, but right now this is what i have and what i have done already!!!

Post Thanks / Like

"87rx7chick" looks like your finding your process, products, tools, technique & good luck with your new skills.

I think that what Steve did by helping out another member here was more than COOL & you should be recognized for going above board to help her (87rx7chick) out. Cudo's to you Steve & it's people like you that STEP-UP that makes this world a better place.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast