autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 4 part prosses still has swirls?

San Antonio JustWeather.com | San Antonio Weather | Home
    i use this site....

steve what time u heading out/ arriving? i usually dont wake up before noon lmao... ur going to have to give me a time so i can plan it out. got a zoo to take care of after i wake up every day

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 87rx7chick View Post
    San Antonio JustWeather.com | San Antonio Weather | Home
    i use this site....

steve what time u heading out/ arriving? i usually dont wake up before noon lmao... ur going to have to give me a time so i can plan it out. got a zoo to take care of after i wake up every day
    I'm sure I will arrive in SA after noon. I have to drop by Chase Bank 1st to get my new debit card since someone attacked mine and was trying to use it. ugh...

I will contact you right when I'm starting to drive into SA.
    Stephen R. Hollon, Jr
    Pearland, TX
    (956) 357-7696 – Cell/Text / srhtx@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, btw, do not try to contact my cell by text or calling it when I'm at the ranch. ZERO CELL PHONE ACCESS!!!!! Joys of being up there in the hills away from everyone. If we are riding the horses, THEN I might be able to get "some" connection.
    Stephen R. Hollon, Jr
    Pearland, TX

Post Thanks / Like

it looks wonderful. no more swirls. steve was able to teach me how to properly use 105 and the Flex. tomorrow hopefully things work out and i'll be able to be taught 205 and we'll be able to stop buy anthony's to say hello! (and pick up some goodies!!!)

i tried no rinse on my scion tonight and let me tell ya that stuff rocks... my drying towel never got dirty. my mit did, need to pick up some techniques on it still but my first wash with it was a pleasant experience

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: 4 part prosses still has swirls?

it looks wonderful. no more swirls. steve was able to teach me how to properly use 105 and the Flex. tomorrow hopefully things work out and i'll be able to be taught 205 and we'll be able to stop buy anthony's to say hello! (and pick up some goodies!!!)

i tried no rinse on my scion tonight and let me tell ya that stuff rocks... my drying towel never got dirty. my mit did, need to pick up some techniques on it still but my first wash with it was a pleasant experience

Okay. you are not going to be happy with me. I have to deal with my step-sister-in-law, and her family, today. We will be in downtown having lunch, and dealing with many other things, on the river walk. If you need to, I will have my cell with me, so, give me a call if needed. I'm at the Starbucks store here in Boerne this morning so I could have access to the internet. LOL Joys of staying at a ranch up in the hills.

Glad that you liked how YOU made your lil Mazda look and feel.
    Stephen R. Hollon, Jr
    Pearland, TX

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SRHTX View Post
    Okay. you are not going to be happy with me. I have to deal with my step-sister-in-law, and her family, today. We will be in downtown having lunch, and dealing with many other things, on the river walk. If you need to, I will have my cell with me, so, give me a call if needed. I'm at the Starbucks store here in Boerne this morning so I could have access to the internet. LOL Joys of staying at a ranch up in the hills.

Glad that you liked how YOU made your lil Mazda look and feel.
    ya but you spent the time and taught me and showed me where i could improve!!!

also you (and anthony)inspired me to get a Flex instead of a porter cable. i will be saving up. i have 250$ in my combined bank acounts LOL and i should be in the market for one soon!

Post Thanks / Like

ya but you spent the time and taught me and showed me where i could improve!!!

also you (and anthony)inspired me to get a Flex instead of a porter cable. i will be saving up. i have 250$ in my combined bank acounts LOL and i should be in the market for one soon!

YES!!!!!! Anthony and I did our job. Trust me, you will be very happy having the Flex vs. the PC. Also, I'm sure you like using the Optimum products as well.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!!
    Stephen R. Hollon, Jr
    Pearland, TX

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: 4 part prosses still has swirls?

Just to let everyone know, since we did not provide any of this information, I brought my Flex 3401 and a few other toys to San Antonio.

She made sure her Mazda was nice and clean. From there, I used my Flex 3401, at time or two, to show her how it works. From there, the job was all up to her. Here are the items I brought for her to use:

FLEX XC3401 VRG Orbital Polisher

http://www.autogeek.net/flex-polisher-kit-bag.html

Foamed Wool 6.5 x 1 Thick Polishing

http://www.autogeek.net/lc-foam-wool-pads.html

Meguiar’s Mirror Glaze #105 Ultra-Cut Compound

http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-mirror-glaze-105-ultra-cut-compound.html

Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer

http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-instant-detailer-17oz.html

We were only doing small sections at a time. She started on the hood, sides and roof. After she did the compound, I advised her NOT to remove the compound, 105, on the vehicle. I went over and sprayed the Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer onto the paint. After I did that then I had her remove everything from the paint. It all came out nice and smooth.

After we did the compound, 105, we did not do anything else on her RX-7. I had to get up and continue driving down the road to the ranch. I will have to look at my digital camera to see if I had taken any pictures of her vehicle. I also know she was going to take her Mazda over to Anthony to look at some other things.
    Stephen R. Hollon, Jr
    Pearland, TX

Mike Phillips

Re: 4 Part Process Still Has Swirls?

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the follow up to add which Flex it was you were using as Flex also makes Rotary Buffers, in this case you were using the Flex 3401 Forced Dual Action Polisher.

So the paint correction was done using a rotary buffer but the rotary buffer also left in residual swirls.

Rotary Buffer Swirls

You switched the process by changing the action of the tool to a oscillating action and the swirls were removed.

Rotary Buffers are not evil tools but not all paint systems can be polished 100% swirl Free using ONLY a rotary buffer. Also, there's a steeper learning curve to becoming a skilled craftsman or craftswoman with a rotary buffer that is usually not attained after only a few cars. That's where using a combination of tools is a better option for swirl-free results.

Nice save Stephen.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: 4 Part Process Still Has Swirls?

Here are the pics i took of Jessica working on her Mazda RX-7. Ahhhhhh....... a house with love to Mazdas. Zoom Zoom .........

I just had to say that. In fact, when I meet with here at Chipotle, I say my old '05 Infiniti G35 Sedan at the same place. I just did not see who was driving it. Kinda odd seeing your old vehicle in a city with over a million people in it.

Stephen R. Hollon, Jr
    Pearland, TX

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast