autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 4 part prosses still has swirls?

4 part process still has swirls?

I have taken it out 2 times during the day, and though cloudy, i have not been able to see swirl marks but under one very high power blue tinted MH bulb in front of my house.

Post Thanks / Like

you can not see it unless in direct sun and looking at the right angle. to me this looks like holographic reflections.
    these marks are not identical the marks i made when i used the compound. these marks showed up and covered up with the polishing possess. gray 3m buff pad

Post Thanks / Like

Those are holograms, looks like you are not minimizing the holograms as you go and they are too much to remove with your final polish step and I still think it is your middle polish step. If you are using Ultrafina as your final polishing and there are holograms that are too bad it will not remove them. You need to work on your middle steps and find a better polish to use to remove or make the holograms a lot less. If you can find some Megs 105 or even 205 then follow up with your Ultrafina that should do it. Now if they are still there after using those polish then it is your techinique that is causing your problem. What speeds are you using the rotary while you are polishing, I mean during your middle steps and final step?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ASPHALT ROCKET View Post
    Those are holograms, looks like you are not minimizing the holograms as you go and they are too much to remove with your final polish step and I still think it is your middle polish step. If you are using Ultrafina as your final polishing and there are holograms that are too bad it will not remove them. You need to work on your middle steps and find a better polish to use to remove or make the holograms a lot less. If you can find some Megs 105 or even 205 then follow up with your Ultrafina that should do it. Now if they are still there after using those polish then it is your techinique that is causing your problem. What speeds are you using the rotary while you are polishing, I mean during your middle steps and final step?
    my buffer has 1-6 dial setting. 600-6000, i use it at about 1.5 threw 2. ick the RPM but i would assume its about 1000-1500

i found if i go faster it splatters all over or uses up the material to fast

i am sure the middle step i didnt do well enough. product said use enough to work a 2x2 area and as it dries up reduce pressure and polish.

it was 60 degrees and dropping, already night time and i was trying to learn at the same time.

i have some offers for help from 3 different people currently . steve is coming in town on tuesday and we're heading over to anthony's shop.

Post Thanks / Like

If it is the Anthony I think you are talking about then you will be in good hands for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ASPHALT ROCKET View Post
    If it is the Anthony I think you are talking about then you will be in good hands for sure.
    i brought it to him on thursday but due to the overcast from the coming rain he was unable to see these marks.

but i was able to buy some no rinse from him

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: 4 part prosses still has swirls?

Quote Originally Posted by 87rx7chick View Post
    i brought it to him on thursday but due to the overcast from the coming rain he was unable to see these marks.

but i was able to buy some no rinse from him

Hey there,

I will bring my Flex and Meg's 105 & 205. I will also bring some of my pads as well. I just hope the Border Patrol does not mess around with my car since I have no idea if those smells will catch the dogs attentions. I will text my ICE buddy and as him some questions since he has a drug dog Lab for a pet.

Crap. I need to was my Mazda today before I hit the road. I'm sure the front of my car will have plenty of butterflies all over the front due to driving through the King Ranch.
    Stephen R. Hollon, Jr
    Pearland, TX
    (956) 357-7696 – Cell/Text / srhtx@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SRHTX View Post
    Hey there,

I will bring my Flex and Meg's 105 & 205. I will also bring some of my pads as well. I just hope the Border Patrol does not mess around with my car since I have no idea if those smells will catch the dogs attentions. I will text my ICE buddy and as him some questions since he has a drug dog Lab for a pet.

Crap. I need to was my Mazda today before I hit the road. I'm sure the front of my car will have plenty of butterflies all over the front due to driving through the King Ranch.
    ... you have an ice buddy? um.....

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by 87rx7chick View Post
    ok i am using 3m compound with 3m wool head then a yellow foam head, i then used perfect it polish for dark with 3m gray head, then i used finesse it finishing polish with blue polish pad. but i STILL have swirl marks from the gray pad.

what is wrong, what should i do?

edit: will the 3m paste wax fill in these swirls?
    Are you trying to do all your work with only a rotary buffer?

I haven't read through the entire thread yet but has anyone suggested doing the finish polishing with a DA style polisher?

You're having the same type of problem listed in this thread and I posted the solution and not only what to do by the why to do it also.

What am I doing wrong - Holograms after using the rotary buffer

Hang on, I'll read through all the pages to see what's been recommended and by who...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Are you trying to do all your work with only a rotary buffer?

I haven't read through the entire thread yet but has anyone suggested doing the finish polishing with a DA style polisher?

You're having the same type of problem listed in this thread and I posted the solution and not only what to do by the why to do it also.

What am I doing wrong - Holograms after using the rotary buffer

Hang on, I'll read through all the pages to see what's been recommended and by who...

yep i have heard some where if not even on here that the rotary makes the holograms and i will need to get a DA to help eliminate or have perfect technique.

sux but i'll be able to fix the issue soon!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast