autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

LC CCS vs Edge flat vs Edge Wave pads

I have a full set of 7,5 inch and 4 inch LC CCS pads. Just spent about 12 hours on my 328ci with them. Noticed that while the 7.5 LC CCS pads work very well, I really like the idea of the Edge pads and would like to try them soon.

Anyone have a comparison of the Edge Wave vs regular (flat) pads? It looks to me as though the Wave pads would use up a lot more product than the regular Edge pads to get the same results. Anyone with experience on these?
    The Edge system looks to give a lot more versatility in getting to all areas in addition to the quick change ability.

Thanks

Tam

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't tried them all, but I will say I will be changing my edge pads for the CCS pads soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    abrcrombe - What's making you think of changing to the CCS pads?

4. Dislikes JLo Newbie disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is just MY experience, but the edge pads have the quick switch going for them... but LC > edge in quality. I don't mind having to attach my pads manually, and perfect centering isnt a big deal with a PC. It matters a LOT more with a rotary.

Post Thanks / Like
    abrcrombe -
    Thanks, I was wondering about the quality of the foam. The LC CCS pads are the first I had ordered and the quality is very high. I have the 4 inch LC pads and they seem much more susceptable to wear. The LC CCS pads have gone through a long day of heavy use and with a good cleaning (DP) are like new. The 4 inchers show wear because they seem to catch on things easily. I wish they made the LC CCS in 4 inch size. It is a handy size to have (for bumpers, rocker panels etc).

Thanks again,

Tam

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tamvegas
    I have a full set of 7,5 inch and 4 inch LC CCS pads. Just spent about 12 hours on my 328ci with them. Noticed that while the 7.5 LC CCS pads work very well, I really like the idea of the Edge pads and would like to try them soon.

Anyone have a comparison of the Edge Wave vs regular (flat) pads? It looks to me as though the Wave pads would use up a lot more product than the regular Edge pads to get the same results. Anyone with experience on these?
    The Edge system looks to give a lot more versatility in getting to all areas in addition to the quick change ability.

Thanks

Tam
    Got this from Aaron AT edge.........

For the rotary the Wave is the best for the PC flat is better, IMO. The Wave has 3 distinct advantages. It has less suface area to grip the paint so it does not bounce or what we call buffer hop, because there is less surface area and grip, there is less heat created and less chance to burn, and finally, the chemical instead of being on a flat surface and getting spit out, it hits the bumps on the way out and reduces the splatter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BILL
    Got this from Aaron AT edge.........

For the rotary the Wave is the best for the PC flat is better, IMO. The Wave has 3 distinct advantages. It has less suface area to grip the paint so it does not bounce or what we call buffer hop, because there is less surface area and grip, there is less heat created and less chance to burn, and finally, the chemical instead of being on a flat surface and getting spit out, it hits the bumps on the way out and reduces the splatter.
    Aaron -
    Thanks for the reply. This is what I suspected from looking at them. As I've never used a rotary I didn't see what the Wave's advantage would be. Still not sure if I'll move over to the Edge sysem. I have only my one car to care for and have to see if the switch is going to be worthwhile/cost-effective.

Also, I don't see the 4 inchers )Edge) offered yet on AG and wonder when the set will be available?

Thanks
    Tam

Post Thanks / Like
    Never tried CCS pads.
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tamvegas
    Aaron -
    Thanks for the reply. This is what I suspected from looking at them. As I've never used a rotary I didn't see what the Wave's advantage would be. Still not sure if I'll move over to the Edge sysem. I have only my one car to care for and have to see if the switch is going to be worthwhile/cost-effective.

Also, I don't see the 4 inchers )Edge) offered yet on AG and wonder when the set will be available?

Thanks
    Tam
    edge2000 system is the most cost effective since one double sided pad cost less than two single sided ones and the adaper which is guaranteed for life is usually cheaper than a backing plate. Also the 4 inchers have been on sale at AG for over a week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by abrcrombe
    LC > edge in quality.
    I respectfully disagree with your assesment. In my experience Edge>LC in quality. I have three sets of Edge pads (flat 6.5", wave 6.5", and flat 4") and I have yet to have even one problem with any of them. All 14 of my Edge pads look brand new even though they have all been used multiple times.

Before switching to Edge pads I was using LC pads and I had the pad fly off the backing plate once or twice because the velcro on the BP was wearing out. Also, I had a couple of pads delaminate (velcro seperates from the foam). One of the pads delaminated after only one use. I also had a couple of LC pads were looking pretty chewed up after a few uses.

As far as flat vs. wave . . . as already stated I would get the flat pads if you are using a PC and the wave for rotary.
    You like Nattys, I like Souveran, and Justin is DP MaxWax. And you know what, its alright !!
    -Killrwheels