autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 61 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Harbor Freight DA Polisher - New

Quote Originally Posted by mullet View Post
    Where are you seeing the GG6 for $80?
    It was on BJ's Wholesale Club in September. It is now regular price. Buy it from autogeek.

Post Thanks / Like

I recently found a coupon online for a FREE 60 day membership to BJ's Wholesale club. They had the 3" GG polisher for 67.99 and the 6" for 79.99. After I went to the nearest one and joined (free), I went home and ordered mine online and got free shipping.

Recently for about every other month they will put these on sale for the above prices and include free shipping. I don't know about you but I have worked too hard for my money not to look for a bargain. Good luck!
    2008 Toyota Tacoma 410,000 miles and still going strong.

Post Thanks / Like

Being loyal to AG, Makita and PC and with a ton of product in my garage this thread caught my eye. After reading this thread I thought I would check this DA out at the local HF store. It actually looks and feels good with a 6” backing plate included that has some flex to it. The switch position and movement feels weird (cheap) to me as it’s on the left side and not the top. I think that will be the weak link if I had to guess. Other than that it’s fit and finish is OK. Seems to operate just like my PC with the same red number wheel dialing in the speed. The rubber nose cover is already held on by a top mounted plastic screw if you don’t use the handle, no hunting around for bolts as I don’t use the handle. The housing has a cutout for the wrench to fit in to tighten the backing plate which is convenient. In any case, I dont think this will last as long as the quality machines sold on AG.

With that said, for $47.99 with their 20% off coupon I went for it as a back up or when my neighbor wants to borrow my PC he can use that. Plugged it in at home and it even works. Time will tell on how long and how well it works due to weather conditions here but I do have a few HF power tools that get very little use and have many lasted years. So for the price of a good 2 drink lunch I have a 2nd DA. We shall see how it does over time.
    "Born to Cruise, Forced to Work"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TOFAST4U2C View Post
    Being loyal to AG, Makita and PC and with a ton of product in my garage this thread caught my eye. After reading this thread I thought I would check this DA out at the local HF store. It actually looks and feels good with a 6” backing plate included that has some flex to it. The switch position and movement feels weird (cheap) to me as it’s on the left side and not the top. I think that will be the weak link if I had to guess. Other than that it’s fit and finish is OK. Seems to operate just like my PC with the same red number wheel dialing in the speed. The rubber nose cover is already held on by a top mounted plastic screw if you don’t use the handle, no hunting around for bolts as I don’t use the handle. The housing has a cutout for the wrench to fit in to tighten the backing plate which is convenient. In any case, I dont think this will last as long as the quality machines sold on AG.

With that said, for $47.99 with their 20% off coupon I went for it as a back up or when my neighbor wants to borrow my PC he can use that. Plugged it in at home and it even works. Time will tell on how long and how well it works due to weather conditions here but I do have a few HF power tools that get very little use and have many lasted years. So for the price of a good 2 drink lunch I have a 2nd DA. We shall see how it does over time.
    Try taking off the body screws and you may be able to turn it where the switch is now on the top instead of the side. I know you can do this with the Griot 6" DA.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I noticed the switch felt really stiff on the one I checked out. I seem to think however that this polisher is as good as anything else that comes out of China.

Post Thanks / Like

I get it now, everyones hating on this product BEFORE actually using it cause they spent 3x as much on theirs. Man jealousy is a terrible thing.
    "Dont buy HF stuff its junk (buy what I bought and spend too much like I did so I feel better that someone else got the shaft like me)" lol

That being said I just last week (after 2 years of debating) bought the GG and NOWWWWW HF comes out with one. I am not sorry or jealous and hope that the HF one is good so I can have a readily available replacement IF my GG ever craps out on me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    I get it now, everyones hating on this product BEFORE actually using it cause they spent 3x as much on theirs. Man jealousy is a terrible thing.
    "Dont buy HF stuff its junk (buy what I bought and spend too much like I did so I feel better that someone else got the shaft like me)" lol

That being said I just last week (after 2 years of debating) bought the GG and NOWWWWW HF comes out with one. I am not sorry or jealous and hope that the HF one is good so I can have a readily available replacement IF my GG ever craps out on me.
    And if your GG does crap out on you, ill be more than happy to take off your hands so you wont be like one of us, being "jealous" of how much we bought or DA's for.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope it NEVER does.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

--- I just bought mine from BJ's. Was 80 bucks, and the 3" was 60$ IIRC. I didn't get the 3" though because i would rather just put a 3" attachment on my gg6.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TOFAST4U2C View Post

any chance of posting a small video if it in action?
    i am the jump starter.

Page 6 of 61 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast