autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 22 of 61 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Harbor Freight DA Polisher - New

Used the HF rotary this past weekend to correct a Bass boat after it was wet sanded. It worked great! It bogs down a bit but thats over come by bumping up the speed a bit. 2 passes with LC wool pads on the Megs Solo backing plate and it was a show room shine. Pics to come later

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the reviews and insight. After reading everything it looks like it's not a bad purchase for being under 100 bucks.
    http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/avatars/caraudiophile.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1366666430
    www.exoticdetailne.com 02 GT Blown and Beaten

Post Thanks / Like

I have a HF DA too that I got on Mother's Day. I think it was $59.99 and I had a 20% off coupon, so I paid $48 I believe. I bought a 5" backing plate so I can use 5.5" pads.

I would like to regrease mine as well, so if anyone knows where the directions are, post it please.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zm1283 View Post
    I have a HF DA too that I got on Mother's Day. I think it was $59.99 and I had a 20% off coupon, so I paid $48 I believe. I bought a 5" backing plate so I can use 5.5" pads.

I would like to regrease mine as well, so if anyone knows where the directions are, post it please.
    I have the directions from another thread, with pictures. I made into a Word file, but will try and get uploaded, this was not mine. I was able to do the process, which tool all of about 45 minutes.
    1.) Remove the backing pad. Find the wrench that came with the unit and remove it.
    2.) I was able to remove the (4) screws on the head with a good phillips head screw driver. Put some pressure on it so you don't strip the screws out, but can be done pretty easily.
    3.) Pull the head off and clean out all of the OEM grease. I was able to just wipe out the a towel, then went back and cleaned with brake clean, to get it all out.
    4.) Install new grease, I went to O'Riely's and bought their Red High Pressure Grease, about $5-$6, you will only use a little bit.
    5.) Pack the head and grease the bearing on the shaft.
    6.) Reassemble, wipe everything down and retorque the screws.

There is a bleeder hole on the back side of the head. Make sure you remove the red cap. Turn the unit on very slowly at first and you will purge some of the grease. Slowly work the speed up to operating speed. Do a final wipe down reinstall the red cover and your done.
    I hope this helps. Others have removed all the pieces inside the head, but I did not see a need, just be careful when removing he screws and you will be good.

Let me know how it works out. Mine was much quieter afterwards, worth the little effort.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

+1. Good work!
    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten. Benjamin Franklin

Post Thanks / Like

Just repacked mine. Sounds better.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a shot of what I just cleaned this weekend. This is on the HF DA, HF blue pad, and Ultimate Polish. The backing plate was changed to a LC 5.5". It fits the HF pads perfectly.

Post Thanks / Like

Repacked mine today as well. Made a difference. Like was said be carful with the screws.
    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten. Benjamin Franklin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
    Here's a shot of what I just cleaned this weekend. This is on the HF DA, HF blue pad, and Ultimate Polish. The backing plate was changed to a LC 5.5". It fits the HF pads perfectly.

Looks great, love the color.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mavin View Post
    picked one up with 25% coupon, will let you know how it goes.

Mavin - Thanks for the coupon! I got $15.00 off on the polisher - only paid $44.95!

Page 22 of 61 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast