autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsvbGarageGalleryDetailing How To'sDetailing How ToFacebookTwitterYouTube

Go Back   Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum > Buffers and Polishers > Questions about the Porter Cable 7424XP, 7424, 7336, Griot's and Meguiar's Dual Action Polishers

Register FAQ Upload Photos Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

» Instagram

Old 05-26-2011, 11:46 AM   #1

What is the best for beginner?

I read alot of reviews and threads and tried Griots garage and found majority of these buffers size, make are very similar. My question is what is the main advantage of 1 over the other? Example what is the advantage of Griot's 6" buffer compared to Porter, Flex? It appears as far as starters with a buffer foam pads (according to Griots) don't burn the paint.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!twitter
Old 05-26-2011, 11:59 AM   #2

Re: What is the best for beginner?

Probably and impossible question to answer because it will be personal opinion. What's the difference? The Griot's and PC are DA's with an unforced rotation. They will stop spinning if you apply too much pressure or you hold them at an angle. The Griot's has a bit more power and the PC is a higher build quality. The Flex has a forced rotation so it will not stop spinning regardless of pressure or angle of attack. The Griot's and PC are cheaper than the Flex. Small 4" pads are available for the DA's but not the Flex. Now, pick your poison based on what you need and like.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!twitter
Old 05-26-2011, 12:00 PM   #3

From my personal experience I didn't like the Griots machine I like the porter cable better and the Flex just blows them both out of the water........ Pretty much with the Griots, PC, and the Flex the only way you can damage your paint is if you throw the machine at the car lol. If you have the funds do the Flex for sure!! You won't be sorry you did and it does more correction work than them combined. I know some detailers that went from using a rotary to using the flex just becasue of ease of use so you will not "grow out" of the Flex like you will very quickly with the Griots or the PC.

Pockets@poorboysworld.com
(845)215-9700

Old 05-26-2011, 12:15 PM   #4
S2K

How to choose the right polisher for your detailing project

This should help.

Black is not a color, it's a part time job!
Old 05-26-2011, 12:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pockets @Poorboy'sWorld View Post
From my personal experience I didn't like the Griots machine I like the porter cable better and the Flex just blows them both out of the water........ Pretty much with the Griots, PC, and the Flex the only way you can damage your paint is if you throw the machine at the car lol. If you have the funds do the Flex for sure!! You won't be sorry you did and it does more correction work than them combined. I know some detailers that went from using a rotary to using the flex just becasue of ease of use so you will not "grow out" of the Flex like you will very quickly with the Griots or the PC.

Sky's the Limit Car Care
Old 05-26-2011, 09:00 PM   #6

There are so many variables including price and budget. I might suggest considering a Random Orbital Buffer, 5.5 Hydro tech pads, and a 5 inch backing plate. Add some great polishes like Wolfgang, Menzerna, or Megs.

Scott