autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

DG501 DA Application...Haze or no Haze?

Hello All,

I have been reading the forums and searched a few threads that helped a bit, but I am looking for a good answer to the application of DG501 with a DA. I previously used it and thought it was a great product, though I did not mix 601 like most recommend.

Noting how thin it actually is and when applied, I felt like there was hardly any product left over to actually haze. I primed the pad and then used a little more polish than usual since it's so thin I was afraid I wouldn't have enough to work with. On a setting of 4, barely any pressure, after one section pass there's hardly no polish left and I just wiped the remaining with a MF.

Did I do something wrong, or should I wait to do the whole car and then go back and remove it? Again, I know I did not mix 601 and will be trying that soon; I just need some clarification from those that have used it and can give a little bit more insight.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DG501 DA Application...Haze or no Haze?

You're fine.

I polish a panel then wipe it and move to the next panel polishand wipe etc. I always mix 601 bonding agent although it's not really necessary if just doing one coat. Richy seems to be the expert with DG so I just followed his lead and it's a great product. Always turns out great.
    Semper Fi
    Ralph

Post Thanks / Like
    Its to be expected when using a DA w/ DG #501, your basically applying/removing it at the same time. Maybe, to be on the safe side, use a little bit more product and keep the pad sprayed w/ QD so its not too dry, just an idea. The other idea is to apply by hand as you don't really get too much correction w/ DG #501 anyways.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DG501 DA Application...Haze or no Haze?

I use 501 & 105 a lot. I just did a white SUV. Really hard to see on that.
    Basically I do the panels in steps, apply Roof then remove, apply front clip then remove, apply rest of vehicle then remove. I have never ever had those products let me down. For one steps where someone wants just protected there is nothing that compares for ease of use and value. Value is the key as most of those people really want a simple production detail. I would not worry about the hazing or lack there of. Now about once every 3 weeks hit that baby with some Aqua Wax and you will be good for quite some time depending on conditions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Surprised you don't just do the entire car, let it sit and then remove, would save you a lot of time for sure. DG products go on easy and come off even easier, just thought I'd make a suggestion. Perf and value, you get both w/ DG products!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"