autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

question about ONR

I know that Optimum now has Opti-Clean for those who like to do waterless washing. However, I was wondering, if you just use ONR at the recommended QD dilution ratio - would that also work OK as a waterless wash? Overall, I like to use the method of waterless washing (spray/wipe) more than rinseless washing.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: question about ONR

Quote Originally Posted by Al1515 View Post
    I know that Optimum now has Opti-Clean for those who like to do waterless washing. However, I was wondering, if you just use ONR at the recommended QD dilution ratio - would that also work OK as a waterless wash? Overall, I like to use the method of waterless washing (spray/wipe) more than rinseless washing.
    OOC has more cleaning agents and polymers than ONR and therefore was made for waterless washing. Products are made for specific reasons, so use accordingly.

Post Thanks / Like
    ONR at quick detailer dilution can be used as a spray and wipe product when only dusting or freshening up. Keep in mind that most people use a quick detailer after washing as a booster lasting a couple of weeks. As surfer mentioned OptiClean has been formulated specifically for washing without a substantial amount of water. It's not just more actives, but different ones that provide lubricity and emulsification as well as protection in a bottle instead of a bucket.

Post Thanks / Like

I've always wondered. If 1/2 oz per 1 gallon will work as a rinseless wash then why won't 8 oz per 1 gallon (recommended QD ratio) not work as a waterless wash? I mean, that is 16 times more ONR than rinseless wash ratio.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn T. View Post
    I've always wondered. If 1/2 oz per 1 gallon will work as a rinseless wash then why won't 8 oz per 1 gallon (recommended QD ratio) not work as a waterless wash? I mean, that is 16 times more ONR than rinseless wash ratio.
    I have often thought this same thing. qood question.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it will work OK. Just keep in mind that it's a secondary function of the product so there are better choices.

Post Thanks / Like

So could you use OOC on a vehicle that has a solid layer of dirt? Maybe not caked on mud but close to it. All this without causing swirls?

Post Thanks / Like

I would not recommend that. I don't believe that is what it was made for. More like for cleaning a car that is just a little to dusty or dirty for a qd.

I do have a question. I do rinseless washes while I am here on post. When the car needs a pre rinse, I take it to the car wash and hose it off. What I am wondering is if you think that OOC would work as a good presoak for a rinseless wash. Just to help cut down the chances of micro marring and add more lubrication to the mix. It might be overkill I know, but you can never be to safe right?

Post Thanks / Like

It is a little overkill but it also will add a bit more safety to your process. OC was made to emulsify and encapsulate dirt quickly and with very little water...so it certainly will make a good presoak for a rinseless wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Great! Thanks for the info Chris. Where I live on post is a gravel parking lot. The training area I instruct at is a sand/dirt parking lot. I do not mind a little overkill when it comes to protecting my paint.

I will add some to my order.