autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer

Reading this thread makes me want to try BSD again. I used it a few times but didn't like the grabbiness and it made my towels hydrophobic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I've used a lot of OTC and online brands and love it. I spray some on my towel and then the panel. I noticed too much product caused grabiness for me. I use one to apply and one to wipe off. I've had no issue washing my microfibers, I out them in my washing machine with small amount of Tide and some oxiclean powder.

I've read about some mixing it with CG V7 I think. They claim it makes it slick and doesn't lose any durability. I haven't tried mixing with anything yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    This is a good question and I was wondering the same thing. Would love to hear from the BSD veterans.

I don't really have any issues with slickness. My cars are all dark colored, so running my fingers over the paint do nothing by leave finger prints anyway! However, pollen and dust to a lesser extent, is an issue. Spring and early summer in my area can be a nightmare. If BSD (or PNS) act like a carnauba wax, I may have to scratch them off my LSP list.
    After a few days I have my answer... nope, it doesn't contribute to dust accumulation like a Carnauba based product, even though it's not as slick as some other synthetic spray waxes. Upon inspection after a few days, The finish is closer to that of something like DG Aquawax or megs UQW, just not quite as slick. I'm really liking the hydrophobic properties, especially for a winter product. And considering I dont often dry my truck after the pay and spray in the winter, the lack of slickness doesn't bother me so much (I do a quick soap-less rinse a couple times a week for salt when I don't have time to do a proper wash). On a black vehicle, i'd probably go for something slicker, assuming you plan on towel drying.

The BSD is noticeably grabby upon application, especially with a plush towel. Long, straight strokes are ok, but forget back and forth with a folded plush towel. This is one product where a 365gsm might be favorable IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

I apply BSD with a waffle weave MF towel. It's a lot less grabby.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

BSD is also a lot less grabby if you use Sonax shampoo - like Deep Gloss etc. They seem to play much more nicely together than a different brand. i tried it after an ONR wash a few times and it streaked and was very grabby. I dont tend to use it much really though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123