autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer

Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post
    High Speed Wax is a great product as well. The beading is not quite at the level of Brilliant Shine Detailer, you have that slight trade off between intense beading and slickness. In fact, no spray sealant in the short term is at the level of Brilliant Shine Detailer for the price when it comes to beading. But if you're looking for a nice balance of something that's super slick that will repel water quite well, then High Speed Wax is the one you're going to want to work with.
    BSD did give me quite a nice gloss after application as well and I loved that it was relatively easy to apply... I guess its high speed wax for the slickness then

Post Thanks / Like

Slickness anxiety can be treated, but requires a lot of therapy.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    Slickness anxiety can be treated, but requires a lot of therapy.
    Not all recover.

Post Thanks / Like

Does a lack of slickness with BSD contribute to more dust accumulation that with other (slicker) spray waxes?

Also-- should I dedicate a specific towel for BSD use? I'd hate to ruin a pile of $5/ea microfiber towels!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Soifon View Post
    Anyone had any experience with this so far? Just shipped a bottle from Singapore to where I am in Australia. The beads are amazing! The only complain I have is that the surface doesn't give that silky feel like waxes after application...

fuzion spray wax will look great on that color.

Post Thanks / Like

About an hour ago I used this product. The temp was 44 degrees. My truck was cold to the touch. I was concerned about streaks. My concern was quickly banished as I began to wipe. Now my truck has some protection from the elements. Very pleased with the results.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bhonshell42 View Post
    About an hour ago I used this product. The temp was 44 degrees. My truck was cold to the touch. I was concerned about streaks. My concern was quickly banished as I began to wipe. Now my truck has some protection from the elements. Very pleased with the results.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
    I used it last night at about 50° and had no problems whatsoever. Not as slick as most spray-type products, but flashed very nicely. Interestingly, each time I've driven since I applied it (sub-32°F), I get a layer of frozen condensate on the quarter panel above that tail pipe. Essentially, frost. This isn't a complaint- just an observation. This hasn't happened with other products. Makes me wonder what's going on. It certainly left something behind! I applied BF Crystal Seal about a week ago, so that's possibly a factor.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harpolith View Post
    Does a lack of slickness with BSD contribute to more dust accumulation that with other (slicker) spray waxes?
    This is a good question and I was wondering the same thing. Would love to hear from the BSD veterans.

I don't really have any issues with slickness. My cars are all dark colored, so running my fingers over the paint do nothing by leave finger prints anyway! However, pollen and dust to a lesser extent, is an issue. Spring and early summer in my area can be a nightmare. If BSD (or PNS) act like a carnauba wax, I may have to scratch them off my LSP list.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harpolith View Post

Also-- should I dedicate a specific towel for BSD use? I'd hate to ruin a pile of $5/ea microfiber towels!

No even if there is dust, it easily washes/rinses off. I just drove my dusty car in multiple rain storms in over 70 mile round trips. When I was done, not a single speck of dust or water spot. Car was fully clean, except for the area near my trunk on top of rear bumper.

I applied Sonax Polymer Netshield 2 months ago approximately and topped some parts with BSD to test. I love it so far and no issues.

As mentioned, surface is not slick but grabby. Yet it seems to stay cleaner longer and clean after rain.

I've gone through 3 touchless car washes and hasn't impacted the beading yet. It also works perfectly on black trim and all windows(didn't apply to windshield).

I did purchase a ceramic coating, but it's too cold for me to apply properly.

I personally think for the price BSD is one of the best quick sealants if it lasts 3ish months since it's safe on trim and everything.

I did notice it has a darkening affect which I couldn't photograph bc of my lighting and camera.

Post Thanks / Like

Not my video but you can see the darkening around the 1:25 Mark when he pulls the tape

https://youtu.be/NUY02OWroJw

For the lazy

I will add the I usually will use spray waxes on my engine bay and door jambs. I'm hoping PNS and BSD last longer on engine parts.

Here is my car after a wash, clay, IPA and then one coat PNS.

Sorry not the best pic, but PNS was also applied to wheels.

I know they are different products, I feel like they provide similar look with different durability (PNS lasting longer)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast