autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Reveiw - 303 Automotive Trim Restorer & Protectant

Had the opportunity to use the next 303 product that was part of the 303 giveaway.

Link to the product.

303 Automotive Trim Restorer Protectant

Product description

303 Automotive Trim Restorer & Protectant is the solution to a common problem that plagues virtually all modern cars and trucks – faded plastic trim! Formulated by the same company that brought you Aerospace Protectant, 303 Automotive Trim Restorer & Protectant will restore your vehicle’s plastic trim from chalking or fading with one wipe. Simply apply a small amount to the included applicator and watch as your trim transforms from dull and chalky to clean and dark! 303 Automotive Trim Restorer & Protectant lasts up to 12 months.

Modern automobiles are virtually covered in plastic trim. Over time, this trim oxidizes and loses its natural luster. That’s where 303 Automotive Trim Restorer & Protectant comes to the rescue! Not only does 303 Automotive Trim Restorer & Protectant renew the look of your vehicle’s plastic trim, it provides long lasting protection as well. 303 will protect against sun exposure, road salt, water spots, tree sap and other harsh elements.

303 Automotive Trim Restorer & Protectant works on interior and exterior trim! If you have an older vehicle with a faded dashboard, treat it with 303!

303 Automotive Trim Restorer & Protectant is very easy to use. Simply clean the trim and let it dry, then treat it with 303. That’s it! One application will leave your vehicle’s interior and exterior plastic trim looking showroom new.
    The kit comes in a box. Front of the box

Rear of the box

Sides of the box

The kit includes 4 oz's of product and a foam applicator.

The product is a white liquid. It is a thin and watery type consistency. So very little product is needed. I massaged it into the foam applicator with my finger prior to application.

I applied this to the front trim of my dad's 02 Camaro Z28. It's known to fade over time.

I did wash the entire car prior to applying 303 trim restorer. The directions just say to apply to a clean surface. Surface prep consisted of Meguiar's D103 APC+ with a Mothers detail brush. I followed up with an IPA wipe of the trim. This is completely optional but I wanted to ensure that there was nothing on the surface that would not let the product adhere. I then applied the 303 trim restorer. I did not follow up with a light buff as the directions state to let the product dry.

50/50

Closer shot of the 50/50

Here's the finished trim piece right after application. It gives the trim some sheen. I will have to see how it looks after sitting all night to see if it retains that sheen.

Overall I had no issues using this product. A little product goes a long way. It dries in minutes. The bottle has a flip top lid on it. I felt that the opening on the flip top lid was a tad to large especially considering that the consistency is thin. Other than that I enjoyed using it.

I would recommend using gloves with it as the product will eventually make it's way to the other side of the applicator.

I shall see how long it holds up and if it lives up to the 6-12 month durability claim in the California sun.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Reveiw - 303 Automotive Trim Restorer & Protectant

this has peaked my interest, thanks for reviewing this. please keep is updated on how long it lasts until the next application...
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

We have already been looking at new caps. I 100% agree the opening is too large.

Post Thanks / Like

This is on my radar for spring.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

50/50 shot looks good. Will be interesting to see how long it lasts compared to other products. Thanks for the review!
    Yeah we all shine on, like the moon, and the stars, and the sun - John Lennon

Post Thanks / Like

Curious to see how this holds up and compares to some of the other trim sealants.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting, I am looking forward to trying this. For some reason I was expecting the product to be black, but since it isnt, it can be used on any color trim, a nice benefit.

Post Thanks / Like

how's it holding up? anymore thoughts/feedback? contemplating if it's worth buying or not...
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    how's it holding up? anymore thoughts/feedback? contemplating if it's worth buying or not...
    See post 23 and it will answer your question. No more feedback and I have not used it on a personal vehicle in quite some time.

2002 Camaro Z28 with Meguiar's Paint Protect 365