autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Review of McKee's RV Black Streak Remover

I next used the McKee's Black Streak Remover on my travel trailer after I throughly washed it with the Wash & Wax RV Shampoo. I dried the travel trailer off using microfiber towels but even before I dread the trailer off, I could see black streaks from the top of my trailer running to the bottom of the trailer. Here is a picture of the product before I dried my trailer off and used it on the black streaks on my trailer.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Review of McKee's RV Black Streak Remover-image-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review of McKee's RV Black Streak Remover

Those of us that have travel trailers or RV's know this is an ongoing problem that it ruins the appearance of our recreational vehicles. I was excited to review this product as I hate the black streaks that always appear on my travel trailer. I am always looking for something that actually works without just claiming to work,

The Wax & Wash RV shampoo you wash RV's top to bottom but this product you spray on the black streaks on the trailers and work from BOTTOM to TOP. This makes since because as the black streaks are being dissolved, gravity makes the product and black streak material run down the r.v.'s. Thus, if you are spraying the black streak remover on the top where there are black streaks, you will make it run down the sides of the RV spreading the stain all the way down your RV. You will just have made an already hard job a lot harder! You need to let the product sit for 15 seconds on the black streaks then you can either wipe r brush the area before ri isn't it off with your water hose.
    As you can see, the initial treatment of the Black streak remover did not remove the black streaks.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Review of McKee's RV Black Streak Remover-image-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

After applying black streak remover a second time to the remaining black streaks left on my trailer, I used a bug remover sponge on the streaks this time. You will use your water hose to rinse off the black streak remover product after you have allowed the black streak remover product to sit on the RV for 15 seconds. Be sure you don't apply the remover to the RV decals though!

Here is what my travel trailer looked like after I scrubbed the black streaks left on my travel trailer with the bug scrubber (after I had applied a second application of black streak remover to the black streaks). It removed the black streaks this time after a second application and I used the bug scrubber sponge. I rinsed the product off a second time with the jet stream sprayer on my water hose and the black streaks disappeared.

I definitely will be buying this Black streak remover again but just realize that some black streaks on your RV might be more difficult to remove than others! Don't get discouraged if this occurs as you will just have to repeat the application process. If you let the black streaks remain on your RV, it just makes sense that they will be harder to remove when you finally attempt to remove them.

In my case, I haven't tried to remove the black streaks from my travel trailer for a few months..not a good idea!!! It can be done though, just use a bug scrubber to work on the black streaks that this black streak remover did not remove on the first application. That's what I did and the black streaks that remained were eventually removed. Like I said, I will be buying this product to use on my travel trailer from now on.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome review!

In my case, I haven't tried to remove the black streaks from my travel trailer for a few months..not a good idea!!! It can be done though, just use a bug scrubber to work on the black streaks that this black streak remover did not remove on the first application. That's what I did and the black streaks that remained were eventually removed. Like I said, I will be buying this product to use on my travel trailer from now on.
    Frequent RV care is easy RV care! The sooner you remove black streaks the better.

Post Thanks / Like

Black streaks on a RV with a rubber roof is a clear sign your roof coating needs maintenance. Recoat your roof and and end the problem instead of treating a symptom.

Post Thanks / Like

Any suggestions from others what would be the best product to put on my travel trailer roof for maintenance?

Post Thanks / Like

looking at your pictures it looks like the black streaks are coming from the rubber trim around your windows. I would try scrubbing one with apc. do it like they some cleaning tires an put a coat of trim sealant on it afterwards. like carpros, deluxe. jonathan