autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Griots Boss System & Fast Correcting Cream/Perfecting Cream

So i've been waiting a while to post this review after I have had enough experience to comment. For the past 8 cars I have done, I have used the Griots Boss System in its entirety. If you are in a rush and wish not to go any further, but want the jist, all I can say is wow. It has blown away my expectations.

Let's start with the Boss G15 and 21. They are so much smoother and easy on the body than my Flex 3401, and do I dare say even better at correction of badly damaged vehicles. The ergonomics of the polisher are awesome. It fits in my hands like it was molded for them, the rubber grips feel awesome and remove the majority of vibration from your arms. The pads are amazingly able to contour to curves better than any pad I have ever used before. While I am NOT happy where Griots has priced these pads, I must say within their system it can't be beat.

The Fast Correcting Cream is just that...fast correcting. I measured paint thickness readings using a Positector 6000 on a rental I had. While going over 100 passes and took paint readings after every 10, the reading was 116 at the beginning and 115.9 after 100 passes.

What was interesting to note that there were some really bad defects in some of the cars I had where no matter what the Fast Correcting Cream would not totally eliminate. What I found is using Menzerna 300 would take care of whatever the Perfecting Cream couldn't. But this was rare.

Their microfiber pads are the best I have ever used and I am absolutely willing to pay whatever premium they want, as these are just the right balance of thickness and cushion. It quite possibly could be the "perfect" pad. Correction using this pad has elevated my game to the next level. No matter what the defect, as long as it was not down to metal, it came out eventually with this pad. I have found their system to be extra forgiving, as there are many different pads to use to their 4 different strength polishes making for 100's of different combinations to suit any fancy.

Attached are some shots, just to provide an example of how amazing this system not only corrects, but finishes.

All Griots polishes finish down really well, offering a long working time. I found that after 4 or so passes, it paid to stop, wipe and reapply versus going over the same spot 8 times with the same polish.

When using the G15 versus G21 it is very hard to tell the difference in cutting ability, but for sure the longer throw is more noticeable in tight spots and curves.

i know the Griots system has been a very hot topic on this board, but I am here to say (if you even care what I have to say) that it's the real deal and warrants your serious consideration within your arsenal. As my business grows and I hire more employees, this total system can make it easy for ordering, inventory, training and coaching. Other than the ultra severe here and there defect, there was nothing these polishes couldn't handle, and the Boss Polisher itself coupled with the multiple colored pads makes for a unique system that was a pleasure to trial.

I have since sold my Flex 3401 and all of my Lake Country Hybrid Pads and will exclusively use the boss system for balance of cost, correcting power and simplicity. I now own 4 Boss Systems, 2 G15's and 2 G21's.

Hope this has helped anyone on the fence.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots Boss 21 Fast Correcting Cream & Perfecting Cream

good stuff- thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots Boss System & Fast Correcting Cream/Perfecting Cream

2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Great review Scott!!

The Griot's BOSS polishers are definitely worth the money. I can't wait to try their pads and creams.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for taking the time to work with it and produce a review. I have the GG 6" but am intrigued about the 'new' BOSS system. I am a weekend warrior but you have made me consider buying this setup. Maybe I will try the MF pads on my GG 6".

Thanks!

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Good review the whole system is amazing.

The pads. The polishes. The machines all nothing short of amazing i feel really lucky that i have them. And good to know there in my arsenal to tackle anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. I really enjoyed your write up. It was phenomenal just like your details! Quick question: in terms of cut, how did griots microfiber compare to megs. I was under the impression that megs cut a little better?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 7.3powerstroke View Post
    Wow. I really enjoyed your write up. It was phenomenal just like your details! Quick question: in terms of cut, how did griots microfiber compare to megs. I was under the impression that megs cut a little better?
    I found them to be as good. But the Griots Microfiber on their Boss Polisher is perfection. It's hard to explain, but you can feel it and see the correction happen right before your eyes. You really can't ask for anything more in a cutting disc. The Griots also conforms to curves better because of the plush foam backing.

And thanks for your kind words. It goes a long way when you pour your heart and soul into these cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, awesome. I have the G21 and Fast Correct. I will get some Griots Microfiber pads to go with it. Im getting a little bit too much vibration using other pads. And I have to decide between 5" or 6" since I have both plates.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 7.3powerstroke View Post
    Okay, awesome. I have the G21 and Fast Correct. I will get some Griots Microfiber pads to go with it. Im getting a little bit too much vibration using other pads. And I have to decide between 5" or 6" since I have both plates.
    I forgot to add that I converted all my G15 and G21's with 5" plates. I can't speak for the 6 but keep it around for pickup trucks or hoods that are huge.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast