autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Rupes UHS vs. the Blue, Green, Yellow, White Cap Chemicals

i have used the Rupes UHS on several of our vehicles. In fact, I used it with very positive results on our Black Porsche 993. A buddy has a 2001 BMW 5 Series, also in Black. He brought it up tonight for a quick detail. We decided to go with the UHS and corresponding pad. After doing the hood, which turned out looking pretty good, I decided to use the full Rupes rainbow of chemicals and pads to see if there was a difference. We used both a Rupes 21 and a Flex 3401. I have to say that on the BMW paint, the variety pack of blue, green, yellow and white pads and chemicals finished with a deeper richer wetter finish that just using the Rupes UHS. The car finished with no swirls or other marks. As the BMW is a 14 year-old car, there were some pits and deep scratches that we didn't take out, I was concerned on the depth of the paint. We finished the car with some chemical guys better butter wetter, or whatever they call it. I was tempted to pull out my unopened 8 oz. jar of Fuzion Wax that I got during the $50 sale a few weeks back, but then decided that I would hang on to it and save it for the 993. It looked great, my buddy was thrilled, I need to take some photos and post them up. The UHS is great and much faster start to finish but on a Black car, I don't think that it can match the full Rupes line of chemicals and pads.

We also polished out the headlights that were getting a bit faded. I have a 4 inch backing plate on a Porter Cable 7424 xp and a number of 4 inch pads, makes for quick work on the low profile headlights on the BMW. We used an orange pad and Optima Spray compound and a white pad with the Optima Spray Polish. They turned out good, not great. There was some real fading that just didn't clean up. I really needed to hit it with some 1500 and then 2500 wet sand paper and then compound and polish, nevertheless, the car turned out great and was easily a 9 out of 10, the owner thought it was closer to an 11! Having the assortment of tools, pads and chemicals gives some great options, sometimes too many!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes UHS vs. the Blue, Green, Yellow, White Cap Chemicals

Before & After pics will tell the story much better. Looking forward to seeing them

When comparing UHS to the 3-Step process; were you doing a quick IPA/Eraser wipedown to remove polishing oils and reveal the actual level of defect removal? Some AIO's fill quite a bit.

I get very good results on moderately oxidized headlights with Meg's 3" MF Cutting Pads and any compound on my old PC

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes UHS vs. the Blue, Green, Yellow, White Cap Chemicals

I find Rupes Zephir Blue or Quarz Green to cut better than UHS and Keramik Yellow to finish better than UHS too. I have used it on many types and colour paints.