autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Polish Angel Viking Coat over Escalate topped with PA Carnuba Arts White Alabaster Follow Up

Now that title is a mouth full.
    So I took some time this weekend to clean up my Daily Driver. If you recall I installed the PA Viking Coat 6/15/15 and have been keeping you posted.
    I am posting a series of Videos showing the performance of the product after my wash as well as some finished pictures after drying the car with a master blaster and using the Polish Angel White Alabaster as a final drying aid/LSP topper. I used a PA Glisante wash for this particular wash. I liked the product, it smelled good, cleaned well, the foam lasted through the wash and it had good Lubricity.
    The Polish Angel Products are all Excellent. And by Excellent, they all work well and are easy to use. The Viking coat was easy to apply, looked great. The Super Sport works great on rims and really makes them Pop (see Pic below) I usually clean my rims with soap and water and the Super Sport can handle that, but using Sonax Wheel Cleaner plus like I did this time strips it and then requires and re application. The Carnuba Arts White Alabaster really brings out the glow of the finish and restores the beading for a few weeks (1- 3). The PA Engine cleans under the hood and leaves a nice matte sheen. The Bella Clean and Charisma are an excellent 1/2 punch for interior leather. I love the performance and smell of these 2 winning products. The Palladium really makes the exhaust on my cars look amazing- another best I have used product for this application. What's great about these Polish Angel Products is that a little goes a long way-makes the prices more tolerable.

Here are the final Shots once the above process was completed:

Super Sport Making the rims look their best.

Some from Later when the sun was going down:

Now that you have seen the results of the Polish Angel Products and some hard work I will tell you MY personal opinion of the products. If this was a show car, or a garage queen it would be perfect and I would be 100% satisfied. This is my daily driver that takes a pounding. The performance of the Viking coat tailed off too fast for me. You could boost the beading with the White Alabaster spray but that was also short lived and I don't want to be forced to do that after every wash. Although the finish looks amazing, and seems to be mar resistant, the effort to wash the surface soil off is higher than with other coatings that seem to release the dirt more effectively. The Viking Coat looks like a high quality Nuba, and acts like one in the manner it holds the surface soil. I noticed this even before I used the White Alabaster for the first time. I am conflicted because the Polish Angel Viking Coat looks the best of all the coating products I have tried, it's just not durable enough for me. It reminds me of the P21S 100% carnuba wax I used years ago. Three months post application and the Viking Coat is already substantially lost is beading, and dirt sheading BUT it still looks drop dead amazing. I am not sure if I will re coat before winter with something else or just let it run and see what happens. All I know if I won't be spray waxing my car in the freezing cold. I wouild like to see if PA Cosmic last any better? I local friend had it on his white Audi and it looks fantastic.
    Summary-
    Great for the person who loves the Nuba look, wants to play with their finish (topping it) or has a low exposure to elements, garage queen and wants an out of this world appearance. This is a car show winning finish for sure. The white Alabaster adds a lot of wetness, shine and flake pop like no other.
    It looks like I am talking out of both sides of my mouth and that is because I so want to love this product and for the right application it would be great. But for my DD-Not so much.

Click on small pics below for Post wash and Pre White Alabaster Topper videos:
    Roof

Rear 1/4 Panel

Trunk Lid

Thanks for reading this long winded review. I will follow up as time goes on if I see anything special to report.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polish Angel Viking Coat over Escalate topped with PA Carnuba Arts White Alabaster Follow Up

Thanks for posting and the continued follow ups are much appreciated! Great info!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polish Angel Viking Coat over Escalate topped with PA Carnuba Arts White Alabaster Follow Up

My pleasure, I wish someone told me what I could expect. Its a great product, when matched to the right application situation.

I need durability and I guess I am willing to give up the warm glow for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    Thanks for posting and the continued follow ups are much appreciated! Great info!

Post Thanks / Like

2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome review! Glad to see an AGO guy do a thread on PA product.
    IMO Polish Angel is overall, one of the best brands for car care products. I have many of their products from wheel spray wax to their carnauba paste wax. The fact that PBMG's sister site Autopia carries their brand; it shows how PBMG is the best car care product site...PERIOD.

Their philosophy to be the best shows with only quality brands of car care products whether it be Polish Angel, Wolfgang, Pinnacle, Meg's, Blackfire...etc.
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Bringing this old thread up. I'm wondering if others have used PA products. Mainly Cosmic. I just ordered this for my new Camaro, if it ever gets here. It's a garage queen so durability isn't the main priority. I would like to know what to expect

Post Thanks / Like

Well it's nice to see this thread Pop up.

I still have it in my car. It's doing ok. I did need to top it with white alabaster by PA to get my beading back to my liking.

This is by far the best looking coating but it's not the most durable. I love the look but I'm totally not into topping. If I had a show car it's with be polish angel all the way.

I get better durability with Gtechnig Exo and 22ple. And the looks are a close second to PA.

I have fallen in love with the PA line. Charisma, Bella clean are amazing as is palladium and engine. Super sport is great looking but easily stripped with anything other than car wash soap. Wheel cleaner and apc removes it easily.

That's the update.