autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Product Review: POLISHANGEL SNOWCAKE

Product Review: POLISHANGEL SNOWCAKE

Introduction:
    What do you do when you own a unique or special car? Do you use the same OTC or lower end products that you use on your daily driver? Although I don’t have one of these special or unique cars I like to try new things and have been interested in these “newer” bespoke car care products that cater to higher end clientele. I have wondered if they are worth the price of admission. Enter POLISHANGEL and their entire line of made to order products. SNOWCAKE is their interior product and as good a place as any to start testing the line.

Product Description / Claims: From Manufacturer
    SNOWCAKE is a high quality plastic and vinyl care product for the car’s interior. Plastic parts that are very often exposed to UV radiation, heat, fat, and high stress abrasion will fade and crack over time. SNOWCAKE is a solvent-free, high-quality care product developed to prevent these problems.
    • Plastic and vinyl conditioner dressing
    • High UV-60 protection - protects against premature fading
    • Special care product composition for the interior
    • Elegant, satin-like matte finish
    • Rubber care for seals and door seals
    • Marzipan scent

Product Details:
    Packaging: Heavy weight brown bottle with a screw top lid (50ml)
    Directions: Clearly Labeled
    Color: Milky White
    Scent: Marzipan
    Pricing: $19.95 @ 50ml / $34.95 @ 100ml / $58.95 @ 200ml / $119.95 @ 500ml

Directions:
    1. Shake well before use
    2. Make sure all surfaces or free of dust and dirt
    3. Lightly apply to desired area
    4. Evenly work product in using a clean microfiber
    5. Buff to a sheen

Warnings or Precautions:
    • None are listed on the bottle or the website.

Testing:

I began by wiping don the dash with a light APC mixtures as my normal dressing cleaner is a Quick AIO product that leaves a very matte finish that I normally prefer.

I put a few drops of SNOWCAKE onto a clean foam applicator to see the consistency and scent. The consistency is very thin and runny. Although I had read that SNOWCAKE had a Marzipan scent I was pleasantly surprised as it really did smell excellent adding to the experience while not being overpowering.

I then applied the SNOWCAKE to the right side of the test area only adding a few extra drops to buff and blend everything evenly. Even with the tape still in place I could see the difference but it was much more evident after removal.

SNOWCAKE left a very nice deep dark finish that was not overly glossy more of a Satin finish. In fact although I like a matte finish I think I prefer the dark rich finish of SNOWCAKE as it makes the dash look “new”.

Below is also a video review of my application & thoughts on SNOWCAKE.
    [YOUTUBE]PgVFDK1A740[/YOUTUBE]

Pros:
    • A little bit of product spreads evenly over a larger than expected surface.
    • It leaves a dark rich finish.
    • The Marzipan scent adds to the experience.
    • Added UV protection.
    • Product are made to order and direct shipped from the Manufacturer.

Cons:
    • The price of entrance is a high compared even to other “boutique” products.
    • Possibility for delays since product are made to order and direct shipped from the Manufacturer.

Questions:
    • What is UV60 protection and how does it compare to other product claiming UV protection?
    • Is each product made to order every time?

Final Thought / Summary:
    As my entry in to the bespoke car care product lien SNOWCAKE was success. It was very easy to use and had great scent that added to the experience while creating a deep rich finish that compares to new. The look and gloss were there without being overpowering or distracting, just like and interior dressing should be.

During my testing for durability I left the dash just like it was in the pictures for 3 months and noticed no fading or degradation. The only way for me to remove the SNOWCAKE was with a light APC wipe down like you would do in full interior detail.

Any and all questions & comments are welcome. Thanks for reading.
    If you like my videos & reviews subscribe to my YouTube channel.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Product Review: POLISHANGEL SNOWCAKE

Good review!

And:
    At least it isn't another one about Turtle Wax,
    or Americoat.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Very Nice! I have WG Cockpit on my Subie and Tundra and have enjoyed the look of it, but that SnowCake is just a little richer looking. I'm gonna have to order some. Thanks for the review.

Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic review Troy. Looks like a great product. Another one to add to my list.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

During my testing for durability I left the dash just like it was in the pictures for 3 months and noticed no fading or degradation. The only way for me to remove the SNOWCAKE was with a light APC wipe down like you would do in full interior detail.
    Thanks for the review.

There's lots of products that will make the dash look good, but most will not last for beans. 3 moths a no fading is awesome!! Did you ever wipe the dash with a damp towel(water) to remove any dust?
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    Good review!

And:
    At least it isn't another one about Turtle Wax,
    or Americoat.

Bob

Thanks Bob. I wanted to change the current topic of OC and move on to something a little different.

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    Very Nice! I have WG Cockpit on my Subie and Tundra and have enjoyed the look of it, but that SnowCake is just a little richer looking. I'm gonna have to order some. Thanks for the review.

I have WG Cockpit as well and it is nice. But SNOWCAKE does have a richer darker look IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Fantastic review Troy. Looks like a great product. Another one to add to my list.

Thank you Pat.

I can't seem to stop collecting products. So I have a few more PA products to review here in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by ZL1 Mark View Post
    Thanks for the review.

There's lots of products that will make the dash look good, but most will not last for beans. 3 moths a no fading is awesome!! Did you ever wipe the dash with a damp towel(water) to remove any dust?

I agree Mark, thats why I left a true 50/50 to see the results. I wiped it down with dry MF towel once. and it didn't really do anything to it. Since SNOWCAKE is not greasy it didn't really attract dust, and I don't drive with my windows down a lot due to dust.

After the 3 month mark I did do a wipe down with Meg's QID and it removed the SNOWCAKE for the most part after the 1st application. After I did it though I felt dumb because it still looked so good I think it could have easily gone another 2-3 months with no problem.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree Mark, thats why I left a true 50/50 to see the results. I wiped it down with dry MF towel once. and it didn't really do anything to it. Since SNOWCAKE is not greasy it didn't really attract dust, and I don't drive with my windows down a lot due to dust.

After the 3 month mark I did do a wipe down with Meg's QID and it removed the SNOWCAKE for the most part after the 1st application. After I did it though I felt dumb because it still looked so good I think it could have easily gone another 2-3 months with no problem.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks my friend!
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Not a problem